CoinPeople.com

Columbian Exposition Half Dollar

NumisMattic2200

Ok guys, I recently picked this one off and it's on its way to me in the airmail system ;)

It looks nice in the photos but I don't know what grade it will turn out to be when it turns up, so what do you think it will be?

17peo2.jpg

2s0id6g.jpg

Columbian Expo' Half-Dollar

Total price about $21 :ninja:

Ok guys, I recently picked this one off and it's on its way to me in the airmail system ;)

It looks nice in the photos but I don't know what grade it will turn out to be when it turns up, so what do you think it will be?

Columbian Expo' Half-Dollar

Total price about $21 ;)

Good catch! ;)

Looks like a nice coin to me, although I wouldn't necessarily take the seller at his or her word about being in the "MS category". It's really hard to tell from the smallish eBay pictures which seem to be a little out of focus. Looks like you got a good price for it, though, and if it was cleaned, it wasn't harshly cleaned from the looks of the fields. It's at least a nice AU, I would estimate.

The companion 1892 year is much tougher to find in such good shape, IMHO; that will be your next challenge! :ninja:

Hi Bob, yes I thought the other was a little rarer though I didn't expect it to be 'much' tougher?

I never take the seller's word for it either - just too risky to EVER do, isn't it?

Just looked at the photo which shows a nice smooth coin with good details - problem is you can never be sure until it arrives...

Archived