CoinPeople.com

Q. about World-Wide Coins auction results

bobh

The most recent WWC mail-bid auction (Jim Elmen) ended yesterday, May 15. Does anyone know approximately how long it usually takes them before results are released? I bid on a few items myself ... but I'd be especially curious to know how high the Sestroretsk rouble went (this was NOT one of the items I bid on, BTW). :ninja:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The results will be available on Monday.

I think Sestroretsk rouble went for $85K.

The results of this auction will make many collectors run to their safe deposit boxes and to consign their coins to an auction.

Thanks, IgorS! :ninja:

That's not really so high considering some of the PR in the Hess-Divo auction 306! I expected at least $100,000 for such an important and rare coin. About a year or maybe 1-1/2 years ago, there was a UBS auction where a Nicholas II 37-1/2 rouble gold coin got more than that ($90,000 I believe) ... and they appear much more frequently than the Sestroretsk rouble (about three times as many were struck, too).

If it hadn't been a mail-bid auction, but live floor bidding, I think testosterone and/or adrenaline might have driven the price much higher... ;)

OK ... there was no live bidding; it was a mail-bid auction.

I bid on some items. Mr. Elmen has a deposit on my bids. So why am I still in the dark, yet I have received two responses from others so far who seem to be better informed? :ninja:

I thought about calling them, but what if everybody did that? So I shall wait patiently...

That's not really so high considering some of the PR in the Hess-Divo auction 306! I expected at least $100,000 for such an important and rare coin. About a year or maybe 1-1/2 years ago, there was a UBS auction where a Nicholas II 37-1/2 rouble gold coin got more than that ($90,000 I believe) ... and they appear much more frequently than the Sestroretsk rouble (about three times as many were struck, too).

It is two different groups of the coins 37, 5 more for investors. I believe Sestroretsk Rubles Novodels known 50 struck by mint, and less then 20 coins in privet hands,

Only one "problem" with Sestroretsk Ruble it is very heavy coin around 1 kilogram. :ninja:

Next step will be like add in Newspaper

"EXCHANGE NICE PROOF COIN OF WARSHAVA MINT FOR NICE HOUSE ON THE MANHATTEN BEACH" :ninja:

or"EXCHANGE NICE HOUSE ON THE MANHATTEN BEACH FOR PROOF COIN OF WARSHAVA MINT " ;)

Estimate was $1,500.

Steve

Coin listed by Bitkin R3 .Interesting how many coin 2k 1853 BM do you have in your database?

Thank you,Rarenum

PS: My guess was $25,000-$30,000 before Auction end :ninja:

Steve

Coin listed by Bitkin R3 .Interesting how many coin 2k 1853 BM do you have in your database?

Thank you,Rarenum

PS: My guess was $25,000-$30,000 before Auction end :ninja:

(1) Tolstoi Sale (1913) Lot 2226 (illustrated). 190 Marks for the 1853 Set (most of that price is undoubtedly for the 2K).

(2) Klingert Sale 1910. Lot 2808 (if I'm reading the catalog correctly). 10 Marks.

(3) World Wide May 2008

Haven't seen any others yet though I haven't gone through the Ekaterina catalogs fully.

Steve

(1) Tolstoi Sale (1913) Lot 2226 (illustrated). 190 Marks for the 1853 Set (most of that price is undoubtedly for the 2K).

(2) Klingert Sale 1910. Lot 2808 (if I'm reading the catalog correctly). 10 Marks.

(3) World Wide May 2008

Haven't seen any others yet though I haven't gone through the Ekaterina catalogs fully.

Steve

I have for Klingert 16 Marks in hand writing :ninja: .

I will check Ekaterina today

Thanks ;)

Funny you mention a 1853 2 kopek Rarenum. Steve, do you have a picture comparison of a EM and a BM 2 kopek? Just happens that I have one 1853 2 kopek but the mintmark is not visible due to corrosion. (chances are it's a EM)

Just coin I'm interesting in ;) ,but not for $110 grand :ninja: .

Rarenum

Archived