CoinPeople.com

the value of a gold coin

MADISON

Hi all

I bought some collectable gold coins some years ago when gold was only trading 300 usd. The price of the coin that I paid was over 10 time of the gold value. with today gold price,I am just wondering the kind of increases in relationship to the price of gold.....any info's would be appreciated....what would be the gereral rules in the market place? I do not collect coins any more ,but still hold some . Many thanks again. THIS IS ONE OF THE PIECE !

CCI00081_edited.jpg

Hi all

I bought some collectable gold coins some years ago when gold was only trading 300 usd. The price of the coin that I paid was over 10 time of the gold value. with today gold price,I am just wondering the kind of increases in relationship to the price of gold.....any info's would be appreciated....what would be the gereral rules in the market place? I do not collect coins any more ,but still hold some . Many thanks again.

Generally all gold have gone up, but all depends on the coin and its condition. Some have gone up more than others.

I collect gold coins. Can I ask what gold coins you have?

Generally all gold have gone up, but all depends on the coin and its condition. Some have gone up more than others.

I collect gold coins. Can I ask what gold coins you have?

I have the collection of the $1000 gold coins from H.K.ROYAL VISIT in proof 1975,1986 and the $1000 dragon proof 1976and all the other's animals as well. Any help is welcome. thanks

I have the collection of the $1000 gold coins from H.K.ROYAL VISIT in proof 1975,1986 and the $1000 dragon proof 1976and all the other's animals as well. Any help is welcome. thanks

Hi. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I don't know much about these.

I had a quick look on Coinarchives for you and this is what came up.

http://www.coinarchives.com/w/results.php?...ng+ROYAL+VISIT+

I don't think any of the auction prices were for 2008 so I don't know how accurate it is.

I don't think any of the auction prices were for 2008 so I don't know how accurate it is.

Thanks, sound like it was an old pricing. that was roughly how much I paid for ....mind you ,gold was only $300usd then.. I do have some u.s. indian head that I may like to unload them. would the price be changing with the price of gold? cheers !

Thank again. Your coinarchives site is a usefully reference,but the pricing is not kept up to date. Just too bad....

Archived