CoinPeople.com

Guatemalan coins

cestrin

Howdy. I just got back from Guatemala and would like to own some coins (uncirculated). I only collect American coins and was wondering where the best place to buy international currency. I looked on the Bank of Guatemala website (seems to be their mint?) and was unable to find any kind of online store. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks

Well there are many places you can try. There are lots of online dealers that deal in world coins & currency. And of course there is ebay. If you are just looking for the current type coins in UNC, then ebay will probably be the best place to look.

If you want other sites I can post a list of them. But I can't guarantee they will carry Guatemala coins or currency all the time.

I see the Quetzal notes for sale from time to time, especially the new polymer notes. Guatemala actually has a long history of interesting coinage, some of my smallest gold and silver coins are from mid 19th century Guatemala, a 4 Reales in gold and a 1/4 in silver.

Actually worldcurrencyandcoin is a great seller, I have bought things from numerous times and I would reccommend them. I have never had a problem with anything i have bought from them.

Archived