CoinPeople.com

1 rouble 1912 commemorative if this coin is true , it s really rare

SOMMER

aaaaaaaaa.jpg

hello everybody

i find this coin on internet ?i imagine that the price would become monstruous if it s true (maybe i ll take the money on my savings...)

Could somebody confirm the authenticity,i know mintage is excessively low( 2 100)??

it seems to be real to my mind, weight is correct (20 g for 19,996g)

thank you for advices

regards from france :ninja:

jean

I know there are very good fakes around. One surfaced at 2008 New York coin show. Cannot tell by the photo. I hope the seller is reputable and will accept a refund in case it turns out to be bad. If real, worh well over 10,000 today...

As far as I see the coin is ok, but you really can't tell anything looking on the scan. If you can get nothing else, but scan, just ask for the exact size of the coin and especially for the edge picture. Then you can compare the edge from regular rouble 1912 with this one and if it will be the same, more likely coin is ok. There are some other details you can look on but you have at least see the high resolution scans.

Best regards,

Bitkin.

hello

thank you for this advices ;) ,i ll go to see the edge on this coin

i know it s difficult to judge with scans...

but the size is not easy to download pictures of good qualities

jean

good week end to everybody

is it the good mintmark??i think on rouble 1912 ,it is not the same,no?

hello

thank you for this advices ;) ,i ll go to see the edge on this coin

i know it s difficult to judge with scans...

but the size is not easy to download pictures of good qualities

jean

good week end to everybody

is it the good mintmark??i think on rouble 1912 ,it is not the same,no?

the mintmark for rouble 1912 is Elikum Babajantz no??

his mintmark is эб no??

Winning bid: EUR 8,150.00

(approximately US $12,661.84)

Not bad for a piece the seller admits to having cleaned with a silver cleaning product:

(quote)

A: Bonjour,en effet j'ai nettoyé cette pièce avec un produit pour l'argent,je n'aurai certainement pas du,je n'ai aucun doute sur son authenticité mais si elle ne vous convenait pas je vous rembourserai,cordialement

Not bad for a piece the seller admits to having cleaned with a silver cleaning product:

(quote)

A: Bonjour,en effet j'ai nettoyé cette pièce avec un produit pour l'argent,je n'aurai certainement pas du,je n'ai aucun doute sur son authenticité mais si elle ne vous convenait pas je vous rembourserai,cordialement

:ninja:;)

(quote)

It's just amazing to me that someone will pony up over $12,000 based on a picture. That is TRUST!!

I can't imagine buying something like that without a slab, or at least a third party escrow agent, such as a respected Russian coin dealer, to handle the transaction. Just mind boggling (to me at least). In my opinion, a measure of the frenzy that is gripping the Russian coin market at this time.

Winning bid: EUR 8,150.00

(approximately US $12,661.84)

I had one of these once, easily EF and probably AU, but with busy fields. I sold it a long time ago for $500, to raise money for another coin I wanted more. :ninja:;);)

Archived