CoinPeople.com

U.S. MPC

guardian-vi.jpg

This sculpture was completed in 1935 by James Earle Fraser and is entitled "Guardianship". The male figure holds the helmet of Protection in one hand and a fasces in the other. The inscription below the statue "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty" is a quote by Thomas Jefferson. James Earle Fraser was a student of Augustus St. Gaudens, and is best known for his work on the buffalo nickel.

69250vi-vi.jpg

I really like that note. A future collecting direction will have to be MPCs. Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoy the history that you include in your post. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do that.

:ninja:

Guest Stujoe

Didn't I outlaw MPC posts because they make me want to buy the notes? That rule must not have carried over to the new site. :ninja:

Love that note and I love the way it is related to the actual statue!

• 6 months later...

Series 541 5 Cents

Printed 1954; Issued 1958; Withdrawn 1961

896730A.jpg

896730B.jpg

This note has about the worst color combination that I have ever seen on a piece of currency.

Series 692, the most beautiful series in my opinion.

I have to agree with you on that. The notes in that series are beauties.

This site has pictures of a lot of the series from 1958 onward. There are quite a few sites with pictures but none that I know of that is complete.

An MPC site

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Added a few MPCs to my flickr albums. I'm trying to decide on a neat way to organize things here to make searching easier for folks doing research.

Those neon colors remind me of the early 80s when I was a kid. ;)

Those neon colors remind me of the 1960's when I was a kid.

What I remember anyway... :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived