CoinPeople.com

What the…!!!!!!!!!!!

alexbq2

Sorry for such a way to start a topic, but I just got the @#$% surprised out if me. I got my bonus and tax returns this week so with some money burning my pocket I went shopping on eBay. Grabbed this coin not because I wanted it, but because I could:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=350048969350

Went browsing today, and I see this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180234748786

Not just the same exact coin but the same exact picture coming from a different seller! What the #$%^ is going on! Is this fraud? Why with such low end coins?

There are unscrupulous people out there who steal images and take the unsuspecting buyer's money, but never deliver. People who fake coins don't always choose the high end stuff in order to avoid attracting attention; I guess it is the same with those who fake auctions!

I sent a notice to the seller with a link to the other auction ... I assume that you did the same???

(And did you report it to eBay?)

pffff it s incredible, such a robbery on internet.....

but to find an interesting coin not too expensive,it s the only solution ( i get a 15 roubles for 401 euros(= 600$) , in very good conditions.But it s hard to find the truth and the robbers....i hoep you ll receive your coin

pffff it s incredible, such a robbery on internet.....

but to find an interesting coin not too expensive,it s the only solution ( i get a 15 roubles for 401 euros(= 600$) , in very good conditions.But it s hard to find the truth and the robbers....i hoep you ll receive your coin

Thank you Jean,

The coin that I got was probably the original, I'm not sure why the second seller copied the picture. I am doubtful that this is a case of blatant fraud, probably something more trivial, like he doesn't have a camera to take a picture or something.

Maybe possible , or his coin is in a lower grade tthan the coin in the picture....

I don t know, but i know that i try to be excessively prudent to buy coins,particularly on e bay ,and when i sell my doubles, i will be sure that they are true(my rouble coronation for example).

This is essential for reputation, but some people are ready to do everything for money.....

that s a pity , a solution is to buy near for famous seller,but there is much expensive...

That s life

what a philosophy...

regards

jean

Bush is going to load his breeches whence he finds that several of us coin collectors are using our Economic Stimulus Cheques to buy coins from overseas :ninja:

Or worse - paying off a credit card charge for coins and books previously bought from overseas. ;)

Archived