CoinPeople.com

Way to go US Mint!!!!!

LostDutchman

I cant imagine how people find varieties like this. It must take a lot of looking to recognize the differences w/o looking back and forth back and forth back and forth

I cant imagine how people find varieties like this. It must take a lot of looking to recognize the differences w/o looking back and forth back and forth back and forth

i suspect what happens is that someone who specializes in this stuff (someone who knows the details very well) sees a new specimen and feels like it just "doesn't look right" ... and then they engage in a more careful examination until they find the difference.

i suspect what happens is that someone who specializes in this stuff (someone who knows the details very well) sees a new specimen and feels like it just "doesn't look right" ... and then they engage in a more careful examination until they find the difference.

You know what's funny, I told my friend I got into numismatics and he said he had some coins he'd put aside. He didn't know anything about how after 1964 they used less silver in most coins or anything like that...of the 15 or so coins he had they were all minted before 1965 or were half/dollar coins. I asked him how he knew to pick these out he replied "they just didn't look right".

You know what's funny, I told my friend I got into numismatics and he said he had some coins he'd put aside. He didn't know anything about how after 1964 they used less silver in most coins or anything like that...of the 15 or so coins he had they were all minted before 1965 or were half/dollar coins. I asked him how he knew to pick these out he replied "they just didn't look right".

a lot of people also notice that "they just didn't sound right" when they were received in change.

That sounds about right!

Hey, want to get really into detail, just check out evey letter on this coin, I can see plain as day the difference in the letters...especially the letter O. Its more round and the ones from the previous coin is narrower. I dont know, just thought I would point out what I saw.

Archived