CoinPeople.com

Did you know....

16d

did you know..

the lady that designed that washington quarter was married to the guy that designed the buffalo nickel......

i think i read that yeah?

You know John is a mightily funny name for a woman.

Where did you read that?

..........R.S. Yeoman is the pen-name for Dick Yeo?

<feels N00bish>

I guess this would be a lot more interesting to knwo if I had ever heard those names before.

:ninja:

-Bobby

Do not feel so bad, I only knew half of that equation. ;)

did you know..

the lady that designed that washington quarter was married to the guy that designed the buffalo nickel......

i think i read that yeah?

From my 2004 Red Book, "This type was intended to be a commemorative issue marking the 200th anniversary of Washington's birth. John Flanagan, a New York sculpter, was the designer; his initials JF...

Sorry. Fraser who designed the Buffalo nickel, was married to Laura Gardin Fraser, who designed the Alabama Commemorative Half Dollar. (As best I recall).

Guest Stujoe
Sorry. Fraser who designed the Buffalo nickel, was married to Laura Gardin Fraser, who designed the Alabama Commemorative Half Dollar.  (As best I recall).

She also did the Grant Half dollar and maybe some more too, IIRC.

They also both designed what is my favorite commem...the Oregon Trail.

<feels N00bish>

I guess this would be a lot more interesting to knwo if I had ever heard those names before.

:ninja:

-Bobby

Bobby,

I am clueless about Dick Yeo, but I can give you a little information that may help you recognize R.S. Yeoman's name.

• A Guidebook of United States Coins (the Redbook), by R.S. Yeoman

published annually since 1946

• A Catalog of Modern World Coin, by R.S. Yeoman

first published in 1957

• Current Coins of the World, by R.S. Yeoman

first published in 1966

All of the above titles are from Whitman Publications, the people that brought us the wonderful Whitman folders!

These are just a few titles that I have right here next to the computer.

If you ever look through a Krause, you will often see countries that are still cataloged with "Y" numbers, which are from the above mentioned Catalog of Modern World Coins.

Archived