CoinPeople.com

SUPERB HAMMERED PENNY OF EDWARD 1ST

A genuine Class 3b, just over Fine in my opinion as there's quite a bit of wear and some slight corrosion to the reverse.

Clive.

Matt,

As these coins were hand struck and the dies hand-engraved, there are many differences between the coins, even if they are of the same Class and Mint. The bidding when much higher than I would have paid anyway so you didn't lose out.

Clive.

You have to admire the workmanship of these hammerd coins, I have a few and love them :ninja: But nothing compared to what Clive has shown and what he has on his site. If you dont know much about them I would recomend having a look at some of Clives stuff, it is very educational.

You have to admire the workmanship of these hammerd coins, I have a few and love them ;) But nothing compared to what Clive has shown and what he has on his site. If you dont know much about them I would recomend having a look at some of Clives stuff, it is very educational.

Thank you very much Steve!! I will be uploading many more hammereds soon and will also put up some more articles on my site, time permitting! :ninja:

Some of my recent New Purchases can be seen here: http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=16420

But I do love my hammered coins, miniature pieces of history and each tells it's own intriguing story, if you ever want some more pieces Steve you know where to come... ;)

Thanks again,

Clive.

Archived