CoinPeople.com

What happened to...

Dan769

Shrek comes here from time to time, but a good internet connection is hard to come by in his current assignment. Bunny took up photography, and hangs out on digitalphotopeople.com, Unk pops in there occasionally too, all three of them seem to have gotten bitten by the photography bug, and I might sometime too. Frankly you get a bit burned out putting all your energy in one hobby.

Myself I am thinking of taking up B&W photography, I have a nearly 100 yr old Brownie camera that is still operational, just have to find film for it.

Guest Stujoe
What? No one ants to know where I went? ;)

I have it on good authority that Stujoe doesn't actively collect at this time. ;)

What he said. :ninja:

Guest Sasquatch
stujoe seems to be a director or something.

I believe he was fired as director but rehired as a staff photographer after getting exclusive photos of Abish's room with the CoinPeople Cam.

Looks like a few are still lurking. Haven't seen a post from 28Plain in awhile...... and what ever happened to 16D, he seems to have whooshed after being a victim of theft as I remember.... wonder what ever happened in that ol' mess, I think he knew who did it,,,,, hummmm.... maybe he's doing 15-20, out in 7 with good behavior ?

• 2 months later...

Stu is home safely and has stopped the DigitalPhotoPeople site -- not enough activity to warrant keeping it alive. He's still into photography and can be found on flickr. Just go to www.digitalphotopeople.com and it take you to the flickr group page.

Tiffibunny is still doing photography bigtime. She's also around on the flickr group.

Unknown was/is in the process of moving to Spain. He used to post photos on the digitalphotopeople site but I haven't seen him on the flickr group.

Aethling is still preparing for his teaching degree (last I traded notes with him). He's just too busy most of the time now.

Dan769 stops by once in a while but not too often. Still collects CC coins. :ninja:

Stu is home safely and has stopped the DigitalPhotoPeople site -- not enough activity to warrant keeping it alive. He's still into photography and can be found on flickr. Just go to www.digitalphotopeople.com and it take you to the flickr group page.

Tiffibunny is still doing photography bigtime. She's also around on the flickr group.

Unknown was/is in the process of moving to Spain. He used to post photos on the digitalphotopeople site but I haven't seen him on the flickr group.

Aethling is still preparing for his teaching degree (last I traded notes with him). He's just too busy most of the time now.

Dan769 stops by once in a while but not too often. Still collects CC coins. ;)

Yeah, I really should add myself to the list! :ninja: I stop by for a week, then vanish for 3. How about BiggAndyy?

Most of my fellow college aged CP'ers seem to have blinked off the radar as well. Maybe they got jobs or something, feh. :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I do drop in occasionally, but I rarely have time to post much these days. I've been busy juggling both full time work and university, so coin collecting has fallen on the back burner. To make matters worse i've lost my internet connection at home, so i can only read the forum when i can get time to get across town to a place with computers! Make's life interesting shall we say...

I should really be writing my dissertation now, which is actually on coins... so I haven't escaped the hobby completely!

I can answer for the beautiful SugarCheryl. She is not a coin collector, she is my Girlfriend. She frequented the forum around the same times I did. She got to know some of the people and made some friends. I shifted concentration from coins to working (Getting rid of debt and building wealth) and that was it. Neither of us "frequent" much anymore.

She is safe and well. We are currently buying a house. Keep an eye on the community forum, I will try to give regular updates.

It sure is cool to know we have friends all over the world that may still think of us every once in a while.

Hope everyone is having a great day, weekend, year, life!

-Bobby

Howdy all!! Bobby sent me a link in my email saying: "They still think of you ;-)" ;) That made me smile. As he said we have been busy with our house buying plans . This is a GREAT time to buy a house. BAD time to sell. In the Antelope Valley, they are partically giving you a house with every purchase. LOL! No Im kidding. However the houses are a dime a dozen right now, quite literally. The poor people who got stuck in variable loans or whatever you call it, or ones who have high monthly payments and lost their jobs or room mates are losing their homes left and right. As a matter of fact my step son fell into the last couple categories. While he didnt "lose" his job, he is currently on disability for a knee injury which he just had surgery on, plus he lost his housemate (who just took off on him one day while he was at work) so he forclosing. He has it up on short sale, but no one has offered. He bought it in 2006 for $287,000 and is selling it now for as low as $135,000. What the hell!! Its kind of a tiny house or we would of bought it to help him out. The house we currently rent just went into forclosure, so its happening all around us. This house is kinda tiny too or we would buy it and stay.

On the coin side, like Bobby said I was never really a collector. Just the state quarters and an occasional wheatie (if your lucky). I personally have been bitten by the UE (Urban Explorers) bug. I just LOVE going through abandoned places. I love old hotels and hospitals. Homes that have been left for years and years with all their stuff still in it. Fascinating! Anyways Im sure that Bobby will get back into it after all the hub bub dies down. Busy busy time. Thanks for thinking of me :ninja:

Hi all

I do drop in occasionally, but I rarely have time to post much these days. I've been busy juggling both full time work and university, so coin collecting has fallen on the back burner. To make matters worse i've lost my internet connection at home, so i can only read the forum when i can get time to get across town to a place with computers! Make's life interesting shall we say...

I should really be writing my dissertation now, which is actually on coins... so I haven't escaped the hobby completely!

Even without the internet there is no need to quit collecting you will get another computer before long anyway beg for it if you have too.

Archived