CoinPeople.com

!836 1 Kopeek

alexbq2

Tooled coin.

About this seller I have a very bad experience last year: I've bought one rare (and expensive) romanian coin 1 leu 1870, paid by Paypal, and the coin never arrived. The seller says that by mistake it was sent two weeks after payment, but after that he never responded and the coin hasn't come.

Tooled coin.

About this seller I have a very bad experience last year: I've bought one rare (and expensive) romanian coin 1 leu 1870, paid by Paypal, and the coin never arrived. The seller says that by mistake it was sent two weeks after payment, but after that he never responded and the coin hasn't come.

:ninja: I just bought 2 wires from him.

Here’s what appears to be a 1836 1 kopeek CM mint (relatively low mintage figures for that year)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170209804253

However, me thinks it use to be an 1836 EM kopeek. Note the peculiar patches on either side of the eagle’s tail. Let me know if you disagree.

Agreed. cm looks modified also.

seller notes:

Rücknahme:

Der Käufer hat das Recht, die Ware innerhalb von 4 Wochen zurückzugeben. Bitte richten Sie Ihren Rückgabewunsch schriftlich an folgende Anschrift: Münzenhandlung Dieter Arens, Baukelweg 38 , 44532 Lüne

rough translation: 4 week return period, and full dislosure of contact info. From personal experience, I bought an 1802EM 5K, (discussed here last year..) that, upon inspection, was fake. Mrs. Arens (i believe who is handling the ebay items) refunded my money, less shipping, upon return.

Hmm, a fake 1802 5 kopeeks. That’s unusual (imho).

Well the funny thing is that I intentionally bought a fake wire from this seller just now (curiosity/educational purposes). Unfortunately, had to enter a small bidding war to get this novelty item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170209780153

Don’t know much about it. I think it is a modern or a contemporary fake. Size of the coin, and fairly good spelling would, I think, be more consistent with a modern forgery. But I’ve not seen one yet, and the purpose of making such crude (and funny) fakes of the most common (and cheapest) wire coins eludes me. But that’s just my theory, I haven’t even had time to look into any catalogues yet.

Archived