CoinPeople.com

Need your advice for a coin

orest

I think it is not fare to the seller discussing offers for the coin.

I think it is fare, that is why i have opened this topic. If you browse through this forum, you will find tons of topics with discussions related to ebay items.

I think it is fare, that is why i have opened this topic. If you browse through this forum, you will find tons of topics with discussions related to ebay items.

it is fare because you openned this topic? does not make any sense.

I just would like to point that these discussions might affect the cource of action on ebay.

I am not talking about cases where members here want to warn of fakes/cleaned or fake sellers.

Hello, all

I received to 200$ offer for this coin. To me it looks EF, do you think it's worth the price? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200217396458

I have a question for you. What do you think is EF? In order to discuss the condition of the coin all the parties involved need to have the same understanding of the subject. To me it seems that you are about a full grade (or more) above the reality.

I have a question for you. What do you think is EF? In order to discuss the condition of the coin all the parties involved need to have the same understanding of the subject. To me it seems that you are about a full grade (or more) above the reality.

I meant Extra Fine condition. I don't see any major scratches, there is some luster left, coin has nice details and it appears that it wasn't cleaned.

Thanks, Igor

I meant Extra Fine condition. I don't see any major scratches, there is some luster left, coin has nice details and it appears that it wasn't cleaned.

Thanks, Igor

High points heavily worn, can't see old George. Multiple rim dings, large scratch between 'serebra' and 'zolotn', few more easily visible scratches. IMHO, in this case EF is a very kind euphemism. Price wise - no idea. I wouldn't put up 200, but that's just me.

High points heavily worn, can't see old George. Multiple rim dings, large scratch between 'serebra' and 'zolotn', few more easily visible scratches. IMHO, in this case EF is a very kind euphemism. Price wise - no idea. I wouldn't put up 200, but that's just me.

The shield is seldom struck up on the wings down rouble and is usually not well detailed even on high grade examples, so is not a good way to judge condition, in my opinion.

I would look more at the feather detail and the condition of the fields.

For EF, I would expect to see a lot of luster remaining (and not just in the protected areas of the coin).

Doesn't look XF to me either, probably VF-30. I don't see any lustre and wouldn't expect it on VF coin. It might be cleaned too, hard to tell from this picture. I wouldn't pay $200 for it, this is the most common year of this type and it's easy to find it in solid XF for $250.

Doesn't look XF to me either, probably VF-30. I don't see any lustre and wouldn't expect it on VF coin. It might be cleaned too, hard to tell from this picture. I wouldn't pay $200 for it, this is the most common year of this type and it's easy to find it in solid XF for $250.

Thank you guys for your feedback, i'll just keep on looking for a better coin

The shield is seldom struck up on the wings down rouble and is usually not well detailed even on high grade examples, so is not a good way to judge condition, in my opinion.

Just as information; in the later years (30-31), the design of the shield was changed for that reason. So you can find much better St. George in those years.

Just as information; in the later years (30-31), the design of the shield was changed for that reason. So you can find much better St. George in those years.

Thank you for pointing that out, Igor. Without that stipulated, the reader could be left with a wrong impression. :ninja:

Archived