CoinPeople.com

1899 russian Gold Coin Proof

armie888

Hello.. How do you determine proof coin?

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?S...mp;Lot_No=51892

"Nicholas II. Proof Gold 10 Roubles 1899 AГ, Bust left/Imperial eagle with date and value, Bit-4, F-179, Proof 64 NGC. Superb cameo appearance with exceptional eye-appeal. A stunning example of the grade. Rare in this condition. Ex: Hesselgesser Collection."

I think this tells it all. About as good a pedigree as it gets. Are you just doubting the photo? or do you think you have one LIKE this one?

"Nicholas II. Proof Gold 10 Roubles 1899 AГ, Bust left/Imperial eagle with date and value, Bit-4, F-179, Proof 64 NGC. Superb cameo appearance with exceptional eye-appeal. A stunning example of the grade. Rare in this condition. Ex: Hesselgesser Collection."

I think this tells it all. About as good a pedigree as it gets. Are you just doubting the photo? or do you think you have one LIKE this one?

Yes , I think so. I think I have one.

I doubt it - proof coins are extremely rare. Please do post pictures if possible as well as the reflectivity.

HAHHAHA.... Im here in Azerbaijan former USSR country...this is a haven for antiques and gold coins.

Im sending the coin to ANACS for grading .

HAHHAHA.... Im here in Azerbaijan former USSR country...this is a haven for antiques and gold coins.

Im sending the coin to ANACS for grading .

The fact that you are in Azerbaijan is somewhat interesting, but utterly irrelevant to the issue of whether or not the coin is 1) genuine or 2) a proof.

If you are unable to post an image of the coin, then do let us know what ANACS says about it. Until that time, please forgive those of us who might be skeptical when presented with such claims from an unknown (to us) poster and not supported by even the flimsiest of evidence.

BTW, welcome to coinpeople. :ninja:

Do any of you folks with a copy of Kazakov have mintage figures for this coin, #of proofs relative to total number of business strikes?

I am curious. I am under the impression 1899 is the most common year 10 Ruble. Also, given todays gold melt value, what are common date, circ. 10R's of Nicholas going for?

Do any of you folks with a copy of Kazakov have mintage figures for this coin, #of proofs relative to total number of business strikes?

I am curious. I am under the impression 1899 is the most common year 10 Ruble. Also, given todays gold melt value, what are common date, circ. 10R's of Nicholas going for?

It is correct that 1899 is the most common date. To my knowledge, no proof mintages

have been published for Imperial Russian coins.

RWJ

The fact that you are in Azerbaijan is somewhat interesting, but utterly irrelevant to the issue of whether or not the coin is 1) genuine or 2) a proof.

If you are unable to post an image of the coin, then do let us know what ANACS says about it. Until that time, please forgive those of us who might be skeptical when presented with such claims from an unknown (to us) poster and not supported by even the flimsiest of evidence.

BTW, welcome to coinpeople. :ninja:

Your concern is understandable. But whether my claim is true or not, I dont think you should be affected.

its not your coin anyway. HEHEHEH...

Im also hoping ANACS will return the coin to me with a proof stamped on it.

I Will post what will happen.

But whether my claim is true or not, I dont think you should be affected.

its not your coin anyway. HEHEHEH...

You have asked the question (<Hello.. How do you determine proof coin?) and after that you told us the story that you are from former USSR republic, that you have a proof and you are going to send it to ANACS. It is irrelevant where you are from and what you are going to do with what you have. If you are already know what you have what is the point of this topic?

You have asked the question (<Hello.. How do you determine proof coin?) and after that you told us the story that you are from former USSR republic, that you have a proof and you are going to send it to ANACS. It is irrelevant where you are from and what you are going to do with what you have. If you are already know what you have what is the point of this topic?

Quite right. I ask and Im not satified with the asnswer I got. So I sent it to somebody who can give me a real answer. So whats your point again?

Point is, you never bothered to give us any evidence i.e. photos to begin with. How exactly are we supposed to talk about it when you go off topic and give us no signs of proof? :ninja: . It's just irrelevant. Are you expecting us to say, "yes you got a jackpot and expect a million dollars"? Everyone wishes for that.

The next reply that is not related to this topic will be locked.

Point is, you never bothered to give us any evidence i.e. photos to begin with. How exactly are we supposed to talk about it when you go off topic and give us no signs of proof? :ninja: . It's just irrelevant. Are you expecting us to say, "yes you got a jackpot and expect a million dollars"? Everyone wishes for that.

The topic should be closed anyway. IMHO. There is no point to discuss nothing.

I ask and got only one legitimate answer from squirrel.

Others like you just commented.

I ask again...whats bothering you?

Its my coin. If you cant provide a descriptive answer ...whats the point of al these?

Good idea. There's nothing here to discuss.

Archived