CoinPeople.com

Dutch silver 5 euro commem HAS ARRIVED!!

Trantor_3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not seen that yet, but then again we only get one Dutch channel here (cable, Düsseldorf) anyway. :ninja: By the way, will that coin not be available "loose" at all? Those coin cards sure are nice, but I think it is odd to emphasize that these are legal tender and can be used for regular payments if the card is actually the only way to get them ...

Christian

Ha, je moet Nederlands leren :-) Actually we already know what the lady says ... Celebrate 60 years of peace and freedom with the new Vredes Vijfje (Peace Fiver). With that coin you can pay in all of the Netherlands (that is the subtle hint about such collector coins being legal tender in the issuing member state only :ninja: ) or you can of course collect it. Go to the post office, pay 5 euro for 5 euro and get the Vredes Vijfje in a free card (folder). More info at www.herdenkingsmunt.nl

And the rest is about the slightly more expensive €10 gold coin, hehe.

Erik, I would of course not mind getting the V.V. in that coin card, hint hint ...

Christian

Cool. all I understood was 'Urro'. :ninja:

;)

Erik, I would of course not mind getting the V.V. in that coin card, hint hint ...

That's the one you will be getting, Christian, as far as I know.

The last part of the movie was indeed about the much more expensive €10 coin, which costs €135 and is made of gold. What they say is that when you go to the post office to collect your 5 euro coin, you make a chance in winning a gold €10 coin worth €135.

They do not say you also have to answer a question correctly (how many dutch eruo commems have been issued so far?) and complete a sentence : "60 years of peace and freedom mean to me: ...."

http://www.herdenkingsmunt.nl shows them all:

2002 : Royal Mariage Coin (02-02-2002) €10

2003 : Van Gogh €5

2004 : Royal Birth Coin €10

2004 : Europe Coin (enlargement of the EU) €5

2004 : Kingdom Coin €5

2005 : Aniversary Coin €10

2005 : Peace Fiver €5

OK, I have them :ninja:;)

And I really like it ;):lol:

High resolution (1249x1260) pictures can be found here :

Obverse

Reverse

(each is almost 300 KB large)

Tomorrow or day after tomorrow I'll be heading to the post office to determine shipping cost. After that, I'll be informing you all about the cost.

And I really like it :ninja:;)

You are not the only one ;-) Admittedly I would have expected a different design for that theme. But visualizing the occasion is difficult ... Anyway, the piece itself looks cool!

Oh, and I posted the two links (URLs only, no embedded pics) to a German forum. Hope that is OK with you - in case you get too much traffic coming from emuenzen.de, you know who to blame ;)

Christian

You are not the only one ;-)  Admittedly I would have expected a different design for that theme. But visualizing the occasion is difficult ... Anyway, the piece itself looks cool!

In the design of the Peace Fiver, small dots sparkle around Queen Beatrix. Designer Suzan Drummen: "The dots suggest space which makes the coin look a bit spherical. And space is something I assiciate with freedom."

Oh, and I posted the two links (URLs only, no embedded pics) to a German forum. Hope that is OK with you - in case you get too much traffic coming from emuenzen.de, you know who to blame :ninja:

Christian

Oh, that's OK with me.

Heading for the coin shop today to do a little shopping for Trantor_3 so I can return his favor and put a little something in his mailbox! Trading has brought me the utmost pleasure and helping another collector fulfill his set is a very rewarding experience. I just wish I had the opportunity to start this 30 years ago but I had to wait on the internet and computers to make it all possible. For someone who never wanted a computer in his home I have found I was never so wrong about anything in my life. The world of the computer is far greater than I could ever have imagined and it has become a very important part of my life and serves as the most important tool in my world of collecting. Would be lost without it!

It's here, it's here :ninja:

Thank you, Erik, for that coin! When I saw the very first images of the design, I was admittedly not awfully overwhelmed - but this piece is a very good example of how the actual piece looks much better than the design pictures. A magnifying glass, or the images you posted earlier, can also help discover all those details ;)

Christian

When I saw the very first images of the design, I was admittedly not awfully overwhelmed - but this piece is a very good example of how the actual piece looks much better than the design pictures. A magnifying glass, or the images you posted earlier, can also help discover all those details  :ninja:

Indeed!

The same goes for the previous one, the aniversay coin, looked at it using a magnifying glass reveils a lot of details and insight in the design methods

A big thank you to Erik for getting a few Euros to me here in the Euro-less USA! By the time the dealers get them over here the average coin collector can't afford them and that is only if they manage to get them.

Erik, Your selection of goodies is on the way and do hope you enjoy what I managed to pick up. Let me know and again thanks!