CoinPeople.com

Aalborg Part IV Russian copper coins

RARENUM

Alex, normally overstruck coins in that particular condition is quite uncommon, in particular with the edge intact. I swear if the image was slightly larger, you can read the mintmark as well as what year the original coin is. As well as, I don't quite remember that many overstruck 1760 2 kopeks, or rather, the most common 2 kopeks that I remember seeing are 1757-9. 1760 and 1761 can be tough I believe (Did I miss 1762?)

That overall price I believe is justified - looks like overstruck coins are slowing gaining premium over the years. Worse for me though :ninja:

Alex, normally overstruck coins in that particular condition is quite uncommon, in particular with the edge intact. I swear if the image was slightly larger, you can read the mintmark as well as what year the original coin is. As well as, I don't quite remember that many overstruck 1760 2 kopeks, or rather, the most common 2 kopeks that I remember seeing are 1757-9. 1760 and 1761 can be tough I believe (Did I miss 1762?)

That overall price I believe is justified - looks like overstruck coins are slowing gaining premium over the years. Worse for me though :ninja:

You mean Mike?

Rarenum:

Congrats! good luck, and can you post images, including the edge, when you get it?

Mike:

I saw this coin... I also like it. Beautifuly Ugly! Missed the ;) because my 1 and 2 year old nieces are visiting and made me go outside to look at flowers! :ninja: Its a rare variant. Would have gone even higher if it were an Alborg coin!

Archived