CoinPeople.com

EURO COINS ARE TOXIC!!!

zjemller

If this scare is true, one has to wonder how come neither US 5¢ pieces, nor Canadian nickel coins, have caused any such problems.

When I was reading over the article, he said that the Euros have 100 times the amount that is safe to humans, and I'm guessing that Canadian / US coins have less then that.

When I was reading over the article, he said that the Euros have 100 times the amount that is safe to humans, and I'm guessing that Canadian / US coins have less then that.

100 times more nickel than the current Canadian and US coins perhaps. But up until 1981 in Canada, 5 cent pieces were made of 100% nickel...

• 4 weeks later...
I so want one of these :ninja:

Now my german isn't great-Why was this beauty made?

Sorry, had totally forgotten about that post. ;) While being interned after WW2, Friedrich Flick learned about a uranium find in Weißenstadt. Then, in the late 40s and early 50s, his company Maximilianshütte invested in the uranium exploration there. In 1956 it had these two medals made, to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy (and of course to profit from that use). According to the article, about 60 of these uranium medals were produced. But it soon turned out that uranium would have "no future as a coin metal" ...

Christian

Archived