CoinPeople.com

For sale: EVERYTHING!!!

I am done with this hobby, so I am liquidating my collection. Whatever you are looking for, I probably have, so PM me and ask. I have complete sets of Jeffersons, Roosevelts, Washingtons, Kennedys, certified type coins, peace dollars, circulated junk silver, silver dollars, rollls of ASEs, all sorts of stuff! PM me and we can work a deal for cash or bullion. DEALERS NEED NOT APPLY!

I have a whole book full of them, I would request US dollar value for current exchange rates for most.

Why Have I lost interest? A bad experience with a dealer and a slap in the face from "fellow collectors"

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you've experienced these problems. You know that you have my best wishes on whatever you do. Good luck on your sale.

I hope nobody here has gotten you upset....

I can understand the point of having a bad experience with a dealer though.... I have had a couple of times where a transaction has been less than perfect, I still love this hobby.

Although I would love to buy some of the world notes and coins from you, I would hope that you will stay interested in collecting and remain a member here. :ninja:

let me know what you have in your note collection, and I will see what I may be interested in......

Ken

Jeff, man you're seriously quitting? I really hope you still float around here with us, you're a good man, if not, you know we will always welcome you back if you choose to! Seriously man, you'll be missed.

Jeez, Jeff. PLEASE sleep on this for a while. As much as I would love to have half of your US note collection, I'll have more fun watching it progress from a spectator's seat. You're one of the people I've learned most from in this forum. You've got similar interests and a similar way of collecting as I do (but you just have a bigger budget!).

But if you really insist, I'd be happy to make a few offers on your notes and coins, but I'd prefer to know your appx. asking price.

^^^ I agree..... Sleep on it tonight, and make a decision tomorrow......

But, either way, please do stick around here. We like having you around. Youre one of the good guys here.......

Ken

I have a whole book full of them, I would request US dollar value for current exchange rates for most.

Why Have I lost interest? A bad experience with a dealer and a slap in the face from "fellow collectors"

Now you have me curious... what happened with the dealer, and how did the collecting community rub you ?

I'll PM you with a couple of my want list items....

Probably a good time to get out... metals are up, so your common stuff will probably go at a good price over what you may have in it... U sure this ain't a marketing ploy :ninja:

Here is what I have:

Philippines:

50-piso

100 piso

India:

10-rupees

China:

1-yuan

2-yuan

5-yuan

10-yuan

Thailand:

20 baht

100 baht

Maylasia:

$1

$2

$5

$10

South Korea:

1,000 won

Indonesia:

500 rupiah

1,000 rupiah

5,000 rupiah

Japan:

1,000 yen

Mexico:

old pesos:

new pesos:

Netherlands:

10 guilder

Italy:

10,000 lire

Belgium:

20 franc

100 franc

Turkey:

500,000 lire

1,000,000 lire

Philippines (victory issue)

1-peso

2-peso

5-peso

10-peso

Germany:

Weimar: 1,000 mark, 20,000 mark

Nazi: 100 mark

Euro:

10 euro

JT, Please do not let some flippy fleaBay dealer destroy a hobby for you, which you are so passionate about. Blow it off, this dealer is not worth the stress. Don't give the wanker the satisfaction of frustrating you. His long, all caps missives said enough, for one that doesn't reply on Saturday eve, and have not enough time to respond etc, he winded his effluent much. I for one do remember that this wanker is not worth my business, and hope you can too.

I don't think it was the wanker eBay seller that did it, I think it was all the other collectors scolding me for being upset that did it! I think that dealing with a jackass is one thing, but when my collecing "friends" all seem to think I should accept dealing with a jackass as a normal requirement of the hobby is what caused me to think that maybe this hobby really isn't such a good choice after all. And as for this being a marketing stunt, try me.

I don't think it was the wanker eBay seller that did it, I think it was all the other collectors scolding me for being upset that did it! I think that dealing with a jackass is one thing, but when my collecing "friends" all seem to think I should accept dealing with a jackass as a normal requirement of the hobby is what caused me to think that maybe this hobby really isn't such a good choice after all. And as for this being a marketing stunt, try me.

Perhaps we as a whole have become too complacent with dealing with the bad guys... they're everywhere... but please, don' t take it as a jab at you. And please don't let them - us - or anyone else - upset you to this point that you get rid of it all. While I don't want to tell you what you should do, I ask that you at least consider holding off a day or two.

Good luck, sir!

I echo the sentiments sir, please wait a day or two. I've enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your collection grow in the two months I've been here. I think you have a wonderful collection of coins, but I won't be purchasing any, it would make me feel like a vulture. If you decide to leave, please drop by every once in a while, it's been a pleasure reading your posts and I only wish you the best in life.

Jeff .. to be honest ..SCREW other collectors!...who gives a crap what they say? coin collecting is a solo hobby... its your collection..your collecting it...who gives a crap what others say? i say sleep over it for a while before you sell anything...take a break for a week or 2..than see if you still want to go ahead and sell your stuff..your a good guy dont let ignorant people spoil your hobby. i mean for everytime a fellow coin collector has made me feel like dirt i would have quit long ago...but i just take a short break or just ignore their comments... ok some say $1.60 was lil and not to fuss over it ..well i see were your coming from and how they are wrong...its not the amount its the principle..i mean a scam is a scam no matter what the loss was... and its not your fault ..the seller didnt list the amount for insurance...its his bloody damn fault so dont take it out on your self and wait for a few weeks before doing anything drastic that you might regret later on.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience re. the reaction from the other collectors, I have also noted how you tend to get a strange reply defending sellers a lot of the time. I also think you should take a break and clear your head then you will maybe want to start up again later. I don't believe in 'friends' other than those close to oneself and anyone on the internet is just an acquaintance...

JT, you were right to be upset, I think you did enough by making us aware of this transaction gone south, now I have the memory of an elephant, or so I have been told, and yes, whilst you did not directly name said seller, I know who you are talking about with a minimal effort of investigation on fleaBay, so this wank job got nukefied as a potential buy from. That should satisfy you there, you told us, and now we will spread it on...

Can I give you a suggestion? Liquidate your US stuff, and start a new collector's life in "world coins". So you will eliminate some of your old trade partners and you will find new ones. Maybe a better ones...

Can I give you a suggestion? Liquidate your US stuff, and start a new collector's life in "world coins". So you will eliminate some of your old trade partners and you will find new ones. Maybe a better ones...

JT will not sell his collection, or I am going to send the Hoosiers I know to kick him back into shape. But I think trades are a good idea though, lots of fun, exciting stuff comes out from our Balkan, Iberian, German, Dutch, and Belgian friends.

JT will not sell his collection, or I am going to send the Hoosiers I know to kick him back into shape. But I think trades are a good idea though, lots of fun, exciting stuff comes out from our Balkan, Iberian, German, Dutch, and Belgian friends.

The Hoosiers, eh?

46ea5a63cabd5.jpg

:ninja: An indie UK rock band, not the ones you're thinking of I hope...

I'm really sorry to see you go, jtryka, If it does end up that this is the path that is truly the best for you, I wish you luck in your sales and for other hobbies in the future. If I wasn't in debt up to my eyeballs I'd help you out, too. :ninja:

Archived