CoinPeople.com

For sale: EVERYTHING!!!

I think it was all the other collectors scolding me for being upset that did it! I think that dealing with a jackass is one thing, but when my collecing "friends" all seem to think I should accept dealing with a jackass as a normal requirement of the hobby . . .

that's pretty crappy. that wouldn't be acceptable anywhere else ... why would it be acceptable under these circumstances?

The selling has commenced, I will begin listing lots as I organize. I've had some inquiries on Mexican coinage, and it is all going too, so if any of you have interest in the Mexican coinage from 8-reales to the 0.720 fine pesos from 1920-45, let me know. There are a bunch more world coins, the interesting ones I'll list, the others I'll probably just give away. Over the weekend I will begin listing individual lots in the Advertising forums.

you obviously don't know him... for you to suggest that this would be some sort of marketing ploy is asinine...

Your right, I don't "know" anyone in this forum,, haven't met a one, but have read regularly for awhile.

As already stated, the blurb about a marketing ploy was jestful,, sorry u took it otherwise.

The blurb about getting out now was not,, I think it's a shame that Jeff is calling it quits, but if anything positive can be pointed out, it can be noted that he should do well on his collection at this point in time with respect to the current run up of most coins over the past 5-10 years and also the current metals spot prices...... I think his wallet will be bigger than when he started collecting,, both long term and short term purchases should do well in a sell off. I may even assist in this if see's fit to sell any to me. I know he's been around coins for some time, as I have.... and sincerely hope this is a partial sell off and that those coins with heartstrings remain in his, and his heirs, possession for many many years.

I hope Jeff does very well if he insists on selling, hope he remains active in the hobby from the coin purchasing sideline, hope he keeps active in this forum,, and I hope he jumps back in a buys everything he sells back in 2-3 years or whenever..... if he does, I think he'll do well financially... not that he appears to need it.

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences and lack of support from fellow collectors. I too almost jacked it in at the start when I paid bought a fake Russian coin for quite a bit of money. I have too admit this hobby does have its ups and downs and I'm not going to tell you what you should or should not do.

I would just like to say I always enjoyed reading your posts on coinpeople and I will miss your presence here.

All the best,

Hus

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT SELL! Trust me, you will regreat it. A similar thing happend to me 2 years ago and I sold everything. In a few months I restarted collecting. I was so mad at myself for selling. At least wait a few weeks before you do. You can't escape the hobby :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived