CoinPeople.com

Has Anybody Noticed That Presidental Dollars.....

Uncle Charlie

Has anybody else noticed that SBA and Presidental dollars can be found in the post office's stamp machine change. I do this often, I go into my local post office and put $20 into the machine. Then, I buy a $0.41 first class stamp and get my change. It's always is ethier SBAs, Presidental dollars, or Sacagaweas I get back. Although the SBA dollars seem to be getting scarcer. Anybody else have something to say about this? :ninja:

dollarcoin-gw.jpg

Yup, they all do that. I think its a law or something lol. Vending machines are going to have to start doing it I believe someone said on here that there is a law coming for vending machines to accept and return them.

You're probally right about that, coinmelt. By the way I liked the site coinmelt.com. Thanks for posting a link. :ninja:

Thanks ;) Adding Gold/Base Metals soon.. and a few other nifty features

My post office sent all the vending machines, APM's(Automated Postal Machines) etc. to Valhalla recently. Now it is the old fashioned window way. Now you get your stamps, and don't have to have lousy dollar coins that you have to spend somewhere else. I am not really anti-Dollar coin, but I do not like the presidential dollars.

I just recently posted about how my bank is getting rid of their stamp machine. I've only used it a couple times, but when I needed it last weekend for some previous prez dollars that my bank didn't have I kind of missed it. :ninja:

PS The couple times I used it I got John Adams and James Madison $1 coins. The Madison coins are what I needed.

My old post office had a stamp machine that would give out the dollar coins. I always got a kick out of it. My new post office has a fancy new machine with a touch screen that does everything, and it takes credit cards so I don't see the coins anymore.

Best place around me now is the subway. There is a machine that breaks $5 bills into 4 dollar coins and 4 quarters.

My old post office had a stamp machine that would give out the dollar coins. I always got a kick out of it. My new post office has a fancy new machine with a touch screen that does everything, and it takes credit cards so I don't see the coins anymore.

Best place around me now is the subway. There is a machine that breaks $5 bills into 4 dollar coins and 4 quarters.

Do you know if the new machine gives out change at all or does it only deal with plastic?

I think I saw one of those change machines one time. I didn't use it, but I couldn't figure out if it game quarters or $1 coins or if you had a choice.

Archived