CoinPeople.com

Small roll search

Mark Stilson

A few tellers told me they buy up the silvers whenever they come in. So they'll call you alright but there won't be any silver, lol.

I went through $500 in dimes today and found 12 silver rossies and 1 silver 1956 Canadian Dime - $19 in melt.

Around here (southwest florida) the only bank that really seems to have them in $100+ increments is Wachovia. I bought $100 worth at the Wachovia across the street and they were already checked (had a checkmark on the roll). Then about 10 miles up the road, in another town, I got $100 more from a different Wachoiva. That's where I found some silver but not much.

Bank of America a few towns over had 3 rolls - thats it. And of course they were already searched ( a large sharpie marking)

Regions Bank doesn't even order them and rarely has them from customers.

Yeah, smaller banks seem to work nicely but I was posting about some nationwide banks and my local experience.

Well, this is kind of fun. A mixed bag today. Decided since I had good luck on the others I'd pick up some more. 4 rolls $40 worth got 4 90% 1964 halves and 6 %40 halves. 1 66, 1 67, 3 68 d's, and 1 69 d. A little over $47 worth of silver. (BTW handy site there Coinmelt.)

Good day today. :ninja: I did go $100 total worth of half dollars. Got 10 1964's, 2 1965's, 8 1966, 22 1967's , 11 1968 d's, 7 1969 d's All of these except 1 was in 4 rolls of the halves. (BTW I did check for accented hair on all of the 64's, but my luck is not that good. )

This last group.

halves.jpg

Whats funny I am pretty sure a few other half dollar roll searchers are in the area. One bank had some what were marked nothing notable in them. And I saw on another forum some one else finding the same markings on them from the Houston area. Figured I'd just stay out of that area on my searches. This last batch was a pretty good distance out of this area.

Archived