CoinPeople.com

What will come in 2010

Coinjoe2006

As most of you probably know, there are going to be some changes in 2010. The Quarter will change and be done with the State and Territorial series, and the cent will have had its Lincoln Bicentennial. So we will see a new quarter and cent. It got me thinking though...Its a new decade. Lets make it big!

Each year can have its own theme, with all demoninations participating. For example, 2010 could be dedicated to the space program, and each demonination could have a different design on the reverse commemorating our achievements in space. Other ideas could be endangered species, civil leaders, famous inventors, Nobel prize winners, or Americana (such as the flag, an eagle in flight, the Capitol building, and things of this nature).

I just think it would be something special the mint could do to spice things up. I dont think it would be too much, because there would only be 1 of each coin made (excepting the Pres. Dollar series). It could definitely be used to teach children and inspire new collectors as well.

I will probably catch flack for this though, as many of you are disgusted with the mint for putting out what they already have with the quarters, nickles, dollars, and next year, pennies. This was just an idea I had come up with to change things up.

My predictions for 2010 is the Red Book will come out with a 2015 edition.

All coinage will be made of Plutonium to stop the coin hoarders. All paper currency will be out sourced to India and if you don't like that, you'll get a 1-800 number to call them. Of course no one there will understand anything you say. Similar to AOL.

All coins will have Chinese writting on them saying Made in China like Everything else. There will naturally be an English translation on one side but it will make little CENTS.

All coin books will soon be printed in China and you will never figure out what anything is worth again.

Any coin albums will soon be made in China and none of our coins will fit. HMMMM. May have started already.

All coinage will say Stainless Steel similar to all items from Pakistan or China and still rust, stain and corrode. :ninja:;)

My predictions for 2010 is the Red Book will come out with a 2015 edition.

All coinage will be made of Plutonium to stop the coin hoarders. All paper currency will be out sourced to India and if you don't like that, you'll get a 1-800 number to call them. Of course no one there will understand anything you say. Similar to AOL.

All coins will have Chinese writting on them saying Made in China like Everything else. There will naturally be an English translation on one side but it will make little CENTS.

All coin books will soon be printed in China and you will never figure out what anything is worth again.

Any coin albums will soon be made in China and none of our coins will fit. HMMMM. May have started already.

All coinage will say Stainless Steel similar to all items from Pakistan or China and still rust, stain and corrode. :ninja:;)

Okay... so not much is going to change than? Lol! ;););)

Same crap, different year. When the mint puts out something that is actually worth looking at, please wake me.

I personally think a motif celebrating the different major American wars would be fantastic, not cliched, patriotic, and have many opportunities for nice designs. Maybe even 3 designs per year - each year a different war?

For example, a variation of one of these would be great for a WWII themed design:

WWII.jpg

Civil War:

dunker_church_then.jpg

Revolutionary War:

SIA1873.jpg

Vietnam War:

Yeah, I know I didn't include WWI, Korea, and the Gulf Wars (along with many other conflicts/wars) but I'm tired and I couldn't find great images for some of them.

Somehow I doubt the heap of dead civil war soldiers would make it onto a coin lol.

Good point...

I did quick google image searches for each of those wars. Surprisingly, I couldn't find many quintessential pics I expected.

To all: Which of those pics would be a fave for that war? Submit others if you want.

I would have to say the first or the 2nd one. Too many planes in the 3rd one and it would be too hard to detail so many planes. The civil war pic obviously wouldnt pass. Too many people in the revolutionary war picture. When I think of the revoulutionary war, I think of the Tea Part prior, Washington crossing the river, and the British being sacked and surrendering in Yorktown I believe it was.

However, I think triumphant things should be on our coins, so obviously I chose some of the most triumphant pictures:

For the Revolutionary War I would have to say something like on the back of the $2 or so. I think the signing of the Declaration of Independence is the biggest event, surpassing all the military battles.

For the Mexican American war, the obvious choice would be the Alamo, and although we lost that battle, it remained an icon, for their bravery.

For the Civil War, I would probably say go with the firing on Fort Sumter as this started the war. Then you wouldnt have to choose between a battle where the north one or the south. Although the south were successful in taking the fort, I believe that this would be the best choice because its the start.

I couldnt think of much for WW1, but I did come up with these.

WW2:

iwojimauu3.png

iwojimauu3.3e05d71258.jpg

ddayuu6.jpg

I couldnt really think of anything from Korea. But Vietnam was known for the helicopters used, so I thought this might do well.

vietnamti6.jpg

vietnamti6.96ef97555a.jpg

As for the gulf war, I'm not sure what to think. As the wars became more recent, cameras were allowing more photos, meaning less iconic ones like those of WW2.

Nice, Joe. I had those images in mind when I was searching le google. Maybe I didn't see them or maybe I just passed over them because I didn't think they'd come out nicely on a coin. I saw some and wasn't able to copy/download them because of protection....

As I was turning off the compuer last night, I thought of the Iwo Jima pic. Then I thought it reminded me wayyyyy too much of the NJ quarter - washington crossing the delaware.

Isn't 2010 the year the Amero comes out?

r_eagle_lib_20amero_pl.jpg

Hahaha. I have also thought about that. At this time, it would probably be in the best intrestest of the US to actually do that. The USD is slipping more and more each day and is actually just about equal to the Canadian Dollar. But I think that if we "coinjoined" With our neighbors to the north and the south, then we would become a stronger and more economic partnership, able to compete with the Euro. We already have NAFTA, why not the Amero?

Archived