CoinPeople.com

Do you think this would be worth it?

Coinjoe2006

I do collect the state quarters, but I pull them out of circulation to put into my state quarter book. I recently found a website that (which I believe is a good deal) is offering them in pairs of P and D, all of them from each year. For both P and D mint quarters, from Delaware through Oklahoma, its $68.85. Thats with $11.35 for shipping. Thats 92 Uncirculated state quarters for basically $70. Do you think that its worth it to pay that much to get a complete up to date uncirculated set?

I do collect the state quarters, but I pull them out of circulation to put into my state quarter book. I recently found a website that (which I believe is a good deal) is offering them in pairs of P and D, all of them from each year. For both P and D mint quarters, from Delaware through Oklahoma, its $68.85. Thats with $11.35 for shipping. Thats 92 Uncirculated state quarters for basically $70. Do you think that its worth it to pay that much to get a complete up to date uncirculated set?

For the easy factor maybe, but I get so many of these coins in circulation that you might be better off just snagging the ones out of circulation and then filling in the holes. That's the fun of collecting anyways. Do they guarantee condition at all? What is there definition of uncirculated, because all of the ones I grab out of circulation still look pretty darn good to me.

Well thats the thing, the ones that I find in circulation generally arent uncirculated. And I cant get uncirculated state quarters as far back as 99 in circulation still. And I didnt see on the website as to the condition of the coins, so I called and asked and they said that they are all uncirculated.

I guess not now that I can find it on Ebay for cheaper...complete set through the end of 2007 for about $45 including shipping

Nice, almost cut your cost in half!

Take $500 out of your bank account and get a box of quarters. Go through the quarters and you'll find all you need. Conditions will vary but the last box I went through looking for silver had many uncirculated statehood quarters. Deposit the the "junk" you don't want back into your bank for free or coinstar it for $0.089 free (that's 8.9 cents per $1).

Then you'll get the coins at face value.. plus you just might find some other interesting things.

LOL! Sounds like fun...but what 19 year old do you know that has $500 on hand?

I'm 20 and have a couple K in the bank but I'm unorthodox. Here's my secret. I have my place of business direct deposit $150.00 every paycheck into a bank account that I have really limited access to. I don't have a debit card or anything for it and no nearby ATMs. The only way I can get my money is by doing a transfer from that account to my credit union account. It usually takes 4 days. This effectively kills me impulse buying more than I can afford. The other beauty is it has a high interest rate. I keep all of my debt in my credit union account because they have really great interest rates for debt. The people at my credit union must think I'm the poorest soul. I walk in and they see a car loan and credit card and like $50.00 in checking. LOL!

LOL! Sounds like fun...but what 19 year old do you know that has $500 on hand?

I just turned 23... lol age isn't really a factor here. I know an 15 year old that makes $20/yard and has more cash in the bank then his parents.

Budgeting is everything.

I just turned 23... lol age isn't really a factor here. I know an 15 year old that makes $20/yard and has more cash in the bank then his parents.

Budgeting is everything.

That is true, Budget is everything. But I just quit my job because my budget wasnt working. Half of what I was making each month was going towards bills. I'm not in debt or anything. $200 for my bedroom furniture, $100 for my phone bill and $100 for my computer. Not to mention that I give my parents money for insurance. The rest is split on food and gas. Thats why I quit that job and just got 2 new jobs! I will be able to afford more, but it will take some time to make up some money.

That is true, Budget is everything. But I just quit my job because my budget wasn't working. Half of what I was making each month was going towards bills. I'm not in debt or anything. $200 for my bedroom furniture, $100 for my phone bill and $100 for my computer. Not to mention that I give my parents money for insurance. The rest is split on food and gas. That's why I quit that job and just got 2 new jobs! I will be able to afford more, but it will take some time to make up some money.

Well you can still get $10-$100 in rolls at a time. They'll be customer rolled quarters though - 99.99% of the time. Less likely to have anything highly valuable in them. However they would still have some BU Statehood Quarters. Remember in a few months they'll be releasing new designs and you can get rolls of them from your bank at face value in uncirculated condition. You just gotta ask for the state.

I've been roll hunting a lot lately and its taken some time to warm up to the tellers and find which branches are willing to work with me. Even though they are the same bank (Wachovia, Bank of America, SunTrust, etc.) each branch tends to have their own policy and of course the tellers willingness differs from person to person. There are a few coin shops in town and one of the owners roll hunts like crazy. I tend to go 10 miles down the road to the next city and hit all their banks for the good stuff, lol.

The reason I'm so hellbent on you searching is because for me thats what coin collecting is all about. Sure, the older coins you have to research, find a good deal in a specific grade etc, but you're still hunting. I just love the hunt.

Congrats on the TWO new jobs...hope they work out. 10% of every check into a savings account. It will suck at first but seen you'll get use to it and if something happens you'll have plenty of cash to sort it out :ninja:

Well you can still get $10-$100 in rolls at a time. They'll be customer rolled quarters though - 99.99% of the time. Less likely to have anything highly valuable in them. However they would still have some BU Statehood Quarters. Remember in a few months they'll be releasing new designs and you can get rolls of them from your bank at face value in uncirculated condition. You just gotta ask for the state.

I've been roll hunting a lot lately and its taken some time to warm up to the tellers and find which branches are willing to work with me. Even though they are the same bank (Wachovia, Bank of America, SunTrust, etc.) each branch tends to have their own policy and of course the tellers willingness differs from person to person. There are a few coin shops in town and one of the owners roll hunts like crazy. I tend to go 10 miles down the road to the next city and hit all their banks for the good stuff, lol.

The reason I'm so hellbent on you searching is because for me thats what coin collecting is all about. Sure, the older coins you have to research, find a good deal in a specific grade etc, but you're still hunting. I just love the hunt.

Congrats on the TWO new jobs...hope they work out. 10% of every check into a savings account. It will suck at first but seen you'll get use to it and if something happens you'll have plenty of cash to sort it out :ninja:

Thanks! I should be ok. I lucked out. At one job, which is only part time, i'll be making $8 an hour, and at the other job, i'll be a waitor at outback full time!

But about the coins. I dont really want a whole roll of the new quarters, just a few nice uncirculated ones, so i'll get the roll and take maybe 4 or 5 out and then deposit the rest of that roll. thats probably how all the rolls will be with my luck lol.

Archived