CoinPeople.com

Missed a box of Cheerios on the bay.

Mark Stilson

Saw this in another forum. Bidding has already ended. One unopened box of Cheerios vintage year 2000. These had the 2000 D penny in them. But some had the 2000-P SAC$1 "Cheerios" Dollar. What runs maybe $5,000 now?

Bid ended at $361.88

One of the questions was asked if he had tried to determine what is in the box. (Xray, metal detector, etc. ) His response was he has not made any attempt since he bought it. Next question should have been "Are you the original person who purchased it? " . If not and he bought it from some one else it could have been checked. Or the way the answer is he could have checked it before buying it.

I don't understand why anyone would save a box of cereal for 7+ years.

like fine wine my friend, like bug ridden, rotting, stale fine wine.

like fine wine my friend, like bug ridden, rotting, stale fine wine.

To each their own! I have a perfectly fine box of 43's sitting on my office shelf, complete with Richard Petty's smiling face and machine printed signature. I'm at least the thrid owner (it was a gift from a friend who bought it at the flea market, so there may have been more owners). All I can say is that as long as the box is unopened, I have to believe those little bites of 4s and 3s are as fresh as the day they were made. Genuine Brilliant Uncirculated, Mint in Box!

To each their own! I have a perfectly fine box of 43's sitting on my office shelf, complete with Richard Petty's smiling face and machine printed signature. I'm at least the thrid owner (it was a gift from a friend who bought it at the flea market, so there may have been more owners). All I can say is that as long as the box is unopened, I have to believe those little bites of 4s and 3s are as fresh as the day they were made. Genuine Brilliant Uncirculated, Mint in Box!

I must admit, with all of the preservatives, I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct.

You know, this is the first I've heard of the 2000-P SAC "Cheerios" Dollar.... Guess my head has been buried for too long.

I'm saving up for the Lucky Charms box with an actual pot of gold in it.

:ninja:

You know, this is the first I've heard of the 2000-P SAC "Cheerios" Dollar.... Guess my head has been buried for too long.

:ninja:

Genuine, modern pattern coin! I admit, I ate several boxes of Cherrios in 2000, but I only scored genuine, everyday pennies. Imagine the surprise when those who held on to the dollars discovered what they really were. I'm sure a number were spent and still others sit in kitchen junk drawers or jewelry boxes of non-collectors.

Why take a chance on an unopened box when you can get a cheerios sac from Heritage.............only $12,650.

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?S...;hdnSearch=true

I'm taking out that home equity line of credit right now.

Archived