CoinPeople.com

Free 2009 Redbook

Brett

I got an email from Heritage Auctions with the following in it and thought I would share it with everyone.

You Can Become Eligible for a Free Red Book

Heritage is pleased to announce a special offer for numismatists! If you win a lot in a Heritage coin Internet Auction that ends in March, we will send you a copy of A Guide Book of United States Coins, 2009 Edition, free of charge!

This book, also known as The Official Red Book, has a retail value of $14.95, but the information contained within is worth its weight in gold to coin collectors. Prices, grading information, pictures of types and varieties, and numismatic articles make this the one book any numismatic library must have!

Heritage Sunday and Tuesday Internet Auctions are designed so that every coin collector has a chance to participate, regardless of their collecting budget. These auctions feature coins certified by NGC, PCGS, ANACS, ICG, and NCS. Most are valued between $20 and $5,000.

To qualify for a free Red Book, simply win any lot in one of our Sunday or Tuesday Internet auctions. Dealers are not eligible, nor are winners outside the United States. The offer does not apply to the March Phoenix ANA Signature Auction, nor to the March Online Session. The books are available from the publisher on April 8, and will be shipped as soon as possible after we receive them; maximum one per winner.

If I hadn't just figured out that we lose $400 more a month than we're making :ninja: I might have taken them up on that. Maybe when the next scholarship checks come in.

It's nice when a company takes the time to show appreciation for their customers. I wonder how much profit they make after advertising, and all the business ends of their dealings are accounted for; to be able to give something like the Red Book doesn't come cheap. They don't invest their own money into the coins, so they make all their money on commission, so after the auctions it's profit profit profit. It's a very good business model, but I'm sure it is very difficult to start a company like theirs and make it work. Kudos to them.

Obviously Bret works for Heitage. I was not aware that this forum allowed solicitations for organizations you work for. On most forums this is a no-no. If so then many individuals will start posting items for thier own companies or ones they work for. Why should there be any ebay, just use this forum?

Free Red Book IF you are eligible? If you win a Sunday or Tuesday Auction? You MAY just be eligible to win a FREE, $14.95 Red Book. This is obviously the cheapest version, Red Book, soft cover, spiral bound. The Walmart web site usually has these for less than $10. Many are also given away at coin shows as door prizes, free from some dealers to regular customers. Many dealers are already selling the 2008 for less than $5.

Are there any more restrictions, such as you can not win a free Red Book unless you speak 37 laguages, wear red socks on Monday nights, have 3 wives sueing you for child support and then even a few difficult requirements? :ninja:

1...I don't work for Heritage.....I paint houses in New Hampshire

2 This isn't a solicitation for anything. I got an email from Heritage, just like anyone else on their email list.

3 from what the email says everyone that wins any Sunday or Tuesday auction in the month of march is "eligible"

Oh man, I probably talk about Heritage more than ANYONE in this forum. An article in CoinAGE in the summer of 2006 listed the best 10 numismatic websites. The only 2 that I found interesting I still use almost daily to this day:

1) Coinpeople.com

2) Heritage Auctions

Since that article, I've posted 2621 times, bought $1,031.25 worth of very nice coins and notes, and procrastinated many many many hours on HW.

Maybe I should apply for a job at Heritage, I wonder if their building needs to be painted :ninja: ???

Funny thing is, I have yet to buy anything from Heritage. Maybe I will this month

Maybe I should apply for a job at Heritage, I wonder if their building needs to be painted :ninja: ???

Funny thing is, I have yet to buy anything from Heritage. Maybe I will this month

OK, OK you got me there. I didn't realize you just pasted that add. True they didn't send me anything. I must have said something to them they didn't like. Us old people do that.

Hey see if they want thier place painted. Nothing to loose and maybe a closer look at a lot of coins.

So I'll have to just wait for my usual free hard cover copy from a dealer at a coin show. Happens every year.

Not that great of a deal but if you're already bidding then why not.

Well put. I have a 2008 Red Book but if I win a 2009 I'll leave the 2008 at work and convert a few non-believers.

I bid on Heritage auctions but almost always lose. I'm too cheap! :ninja:

Are you full of it!, Heritage is like the best thing every to happen since ebay!! It provides the chance for serious people to

waste their money in a high sophisticated way. Unlike the poor dorks on ebay who can't waste as much money so they do it their own way. Although, if you really think about it they both do it the same thing...waste money. Oh well, I suppose if it's on coins it is understandable. I do the same thng too... :ninja:

Archived