CoinPeople.com

2008 Proof Question

Coinjoe2006

I recently bought the 2007 Silver Proof Set and 2007 Regular Proof Set online from the mint. The silver set was $44, and the regular was $26. Each set contains the Presidential Dollars, State Quarters, as well as the penny, nickle, dime, half dollar, and Sakagawea dollar. I was just wondering when the same set for 2008 would come out? At the mint site they have the 2008 State Quarters Silver and Regular Proofs, as well as the 2008 Dollar proofs, but they dont come in a set with the penny nickle, dime, half dollar and Sakagawea dollar. Does anybody know when the mint is going to release this as a 3 set Proof, both Silver and Regular?

look on the us mint website

I looked there and it is not there. This is a link to what I ordered and I'm wondering when the same comes out in 2008. http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/store...tegory_rn=10211

If you will notice, it comes with the Presidential dollars, the state quarters, and everything else (penny, nickle, dime, half dollar and sackagawea dollar). Right now the mint only has the state quarters and the presidential dollars. I want to know when the set with the penny, nickle, dime, half dollar and sackagawea dollar will be available, along with the others, both with the silver proofs and the regular proofs.

if it's not there it's because there is a reason. there is some strife at the moment about whether the mint can produce sacajawea dollars for collector sets. when they sort this out they will be able to put the set on the calendar.

The regular and silver proof sets usually aren't released until the second half of the year

Oh ok, thank you very much! I didnt know that they waited. I wonder why they have the silver and regular state quarter proofs plus Pres. dollars, but are waiting with the rest. It does seem like a better deal to wait though. Because it was $44 for all the 2007 silver proofs. But the 2008 silver state quarters and the pres. dollars adds up to be like $40 by itself lol.

I never even realized that there were so many types of proof sets available lately. I usually wait until about August or so and order 10 to 15 proof sets and 10 to 15 Unc sets from the Mint. Most are for Christmas presents. Extras are in a box never opened. Been doing this since the 50's. Never the silver sets, occationally the ones called prestige, otherwise just plain old simple sets. Some day I'll look at them.

Archived