CoinPeople.com

Silly little project

syzygy

I don't collect banknotes, but I do enjoy looking at many of the nice ones that get posted here. It was with particular interest that I looked at this one (I can't remember who first posted it):

cznotehf9.jpg

So much so that I bought one (very inexpensive). As I recall, we had a thread about that portrait and just what that young girl's expression was communicating. I think it is absolutely full of intrigue and I got it in my head that it would make a nice picture. So, without too much in the way of scanning and pshop skills, I finally got around to making this:

ylf2mi4.jpg

Looks great on the wall :ninja:

I believe it was quite possibly myself that posted the original image of the note. I have collected notes with attractive feminine vignettes for a few years now and have them paged here:

Attractive Females on Banknotes

The Czech note is a stunner, one because of the portrait, but also the use of very vibrant colouring. This note was only circulated for 4 years between 1949-1953 when they were all demonetized and replaced with money printed by Goznak in the USSR.

PS I need to update the site with several new Dutch and Portuguese notes that I have acquired since then.

Don't know if it's just me but doesn't she look a little ticked off about something. Sort of like she is thinking if I don't get enough money for this someone is going to be sorry.

I thought that too when I originally posted the note back in 2005 or so. Perhaps it was because her country was getting the shaft by the commie losers from Russia.

That's pretty neat. There was another thread on a different forum where someone was asking about people turning pictures of their currency into art. You did it very nicely and what a lovely lady.

Fun project and has sparked some ideas :ninja:

Archived