CoinPeople.com

New Konros book..

squirrel

:ninja: I just got a copy of the 10th edition of the Konros price book. This is the full version, softcover, about 200+ pages, not the abbreviated guidbook (70ish pages).

First impressions:

Much improved quality. glossy pages with COLOR photos of all coins. Improved descriptions of variants, and more comment in English (the book is primarily in Russian)

The prices are 10-20% higher, compared to the 9th edition, but are only a guideline of course. Some coins are priced much lower or much higher than we on this forum might expect from various discussion threads on prices these days, and the grade/price charts are in the same format.

Coin photos are not full size, which is annoying especially on the little guys like polushkas, but the photography and printing are as good as any auction catalog. There are neat rarity tables in the back, as well, and rare coins, novodel, and patterns are well documented.

Got my copy via a friend in Samara who ordered it for me direct from Konros, and mailed it to me. Took about 4-5 weeks from the publisher, and another 3 weeks from Russia to USA. I dont know if they will mail direct outside Russia or not, but its worth asking.

I just got a copy of the 10th edition of the Konros price book. This is the full version, softcover, about 200+ pages, not the abbreviated guidbook (70ish pages).

Hi Josh, thanks for the news, will try to get a copy from Lithuania. If it works, I'll post it.

Sigi :ninja:

I also received my copy. And yes, the printing quality of the catalog is much improved.

What I like the most about this thick edition, is the table in the middle of the book with cross-referencing to other catalogs for each coin - Severin, Ilyin, Brekke, Petrov, Uzdenikiv for rarity rating and valuations. That is the most usefull thing about this catalog (that and the fact that it is small enough to carry around).

Archived