CoinPeople.com

Reformation Medals

Does anyone out there collect medals of the Reformation? I'd love to hear of your collections containing Martin Luther, John Calvin, Philip Melanchthon or many of the other principle reformers.

Happy collecting...

Bob

Hello bobking08,

if you are interested in reformation medals you need the auction catalogue of Spink & Son of 19th and 20 th April 1983.

This is the auction, in which the collection of Prof. Robert B. Whiting has been sold. You probably have it???

Those are great looking medals! Thanks for the heads up on the Whiting catalog. I am familiar with it. In fact, I have scores of old auction catalogs, books, and exhibition catalogs that contain Reformation medals. My collection primarily focuses on John Calvin. I have around 60 medals of Calvin and around another 100 medals related to the Reformation and other Protestant themes. If you're bored one day, take a look at a catalog of Calvin medals that a buddy of mine and I put together: www.calviniana.com.

Here are a few of my favorite Calvin medals (if I can upload them correctly... I'm new to this forum):

Dadler_bronze__front_.jpg

1555_Calvin.jpg

A._Bovy_1835__obv_.jpg

A._Bovy_1835__rev_.jpg

Hello Bobking08,

I have just had a look at your catalogue on Calvin medals. This is very nice and interesting. I have red some useful information on your catalogue.

Do you know the medal enclosed, which has been issued on the 400 year celebration on the university of Geneve?

Genf-Uni.JPG

Archived