CoinPeople.com

Mexican Coinage, Amazing...

Kristofer

I have a huge appreciation for the craftsmanship that goes into mexican coinage. It's so unique looking and I really enjoy lots of the artowrk. What I think is really great is the bimetallic coins!

I like most of the Mexican coinage. The eagle and snakes emblem is great. The new bi-metals have some great designs. Quite a nice series of coins.

I like the Mexican coins too. I have a nice BU 1982 Libertad, plus numerous other Mexican coins. Recently I read somewhere that the Mexico City mint is the oldest existing mint in North America.

I like the Mexican coins too. I have a nice BU 1982 Libertad, plus numerous other Mexican coins. Recently I read somewhere that the Mexico City mint is the oldest existing mint in North America.

That's a neat little fact.

When I was a young punk in HS I owned several of the onza gold coins from ca. 1982, they were beautiful and I wisht I hadna sold them. Now they are kind of hard to find, they did not mint them for a long time, they were similar to the silver onza coins from that era. The most attractive part of the coin was the decidedly curvaceous angel on them. :ninja:

Mexican coinage is nice (I have oodles of coins from my last trip before they revalued the peso) but I always prefer the older designs, expecially the old pesos, and 8-reales. This is my favorite design, but unfortunately I don't have the resources to collect the series!

1947m50pobv.JPG

1947m50prev.JPG