CoinPeople.com

How Much do You Pay?

Kristofer

How much do you guys pay for each airtight capsule? I almost died when I saw some guys at the flea market selling them for about $1.50 - $2.00 each.

29 cents - that is as cheap as you will find them :ninja:

Great! Thanks a lot! I wonder if the ones those guys were selling were made of gold? Transparent gold? ;)

The ones from Valley Coin are not in the blister packs so they are more likely to rub up against each other in shipping. Generally, I like that site for large orders; if I need just one for my 3-cent nickel, I'll get one from my local dealer.

I put almost all my coins in Whitman Classic Albums. Each album is in a zip lock plastic bag with as much air as possible pushed out. I've been collecting for well over 60 years now and not one of my coins have toned, corroded, tarnished, etc. No expensive air tights, gel packs, etc. Just a zip lock bag. Way, way back prior to them I used just a plastic bag. However, in another few hundred years this may not work. If not I'll let you know.

I can't say for certain (because I don't remember exactly), but I've purchase coin tubes for pennies, nickels, quarters and dollar coins and they ranged from about $.39-$.59. The tubes I bought were new too. I'm guessing the one's the guy at the flea market was selling could have been used.

I like the plastic bag idea. But for my plastic bags I only use them for long term storage. But that may be because I vaccum pack them.

HMMMM. That is great idea. Many of my albums are complete and as high a grade per coin as I think I'll ever find so I too may try that vacuum idea. I like that. With over 100 albums it is a problem at times opening and resealing those things.

For Vaccum packing I use a food saver. It has clear side and a patterned side(That is hard to look through). So if you Want to keep the album open and Want to keep it sealed then I think You will like it. I use it to keep coins in unc roles looking new. They are also water tight.

Archived