CoinPeople.com

Ebay.de killed an auction! 1793 2k Pauls re-overstrike

squirrel

Was anyone else following this auction? ebay item 370013576263, (now gone) was to end today, but was removed by ebay.de

This was a 1793EM 2K, Pauls re-overstrike, type with mm under rider. (scarcer type)

I didnt save the images. does anyone have them? It was not an obvious fake.

And hopefully soon it will die a miserable demise like it's predecessor. :ninja:

;)

Was it ever determined that this was a fake? It looks OK to me. There's a mistake in the listing (not overstruck on a 4K of Peter III, but rather on a Cipher 4K) but that's about it. Squirrel said in his first post that it wasn't an obvious fake.

Steve

I saw it too think perhaps it was 'ended early' but for it to re-appear ? would have thought it might have been bought outside ebay 'italian' style (as whenever i have put italian coins on sale i get thousands of requests....) Either 1) seller thinks he could get a lot more and has got re-organised or 2) genuine relist to put it with other russian coins which are also of not bad quality/rarity.. so lets hope its the latter!... thought i was the only one to have picked up that 2 kopeks... i dont have it!!

What's wrong with it :ninja:

Yes, it's not described right but it's looks like a legit overstruck 4 kopek Cipher series. Quite nice really.

It says "Seller ended the auction early because the item is no longer available". I hope it wasn't a case of somebody offering him $100 and he took it. There were two bids already open so eBay might have something to say if that's what he did.

Steve

Archived