CoinPeople.com

2008's £2 Britannia released

Johnny 1989

2008's £2 Britannia  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the 2008 £2 Britannia?

• Yes
    • No

I like the coin design, however I don't really see the appeal of coins that where never intended to circulate. Maybe its just me ;)

Would like to get my hands on some silver though ;)

Oh, and the Royal Mint has yet to send me my 2007 crowns :ninja: It's been forever! Got my other stuff two weeks ago!

I like the coin design, however I don't really see the appeal of coins that where never intended to circulate. Maybe its just me ;)

Would like to get my hands on some silver though ;)

Oh, and the Royal Mint has yet to send me my 2007 crowns :ninja: It's been forever! Got my other stuff two weeks ago!

Give them a chase if you can, I'm still waiting for a book from Waterstones from November 2007! They have had to order it in specially, I think I may cancel the order just incase the money come sout at the wrong time!

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO, the 2008 is a dramatic drop in visual appeal and detailing from previous versions. I've several copies from each year and have been keeping photos of each. Here's the 2005, the 2008 is almost a cartoon compared.

2005Britannia3.jpg

IMHO, the 2008 is a dramatic drop in visual appeal and detailing from previous versions. I've several copies from each year and have been keeping photos of each. Here's the 2005, the 2008 is almost a cartoon compared.

2005Britannia3.jpg

;);):ninja:

Think that I might have to get myself one of those!

Clive.

• 3 months later...

2005Britannia3.jpg

they each have their appeal. the 2008 design, imho, more closely resembles a corporate logo ... not unattractive, but not what i expect on a coin.

I like the concept, but the relief is too flat in my opinion to make it work well. It is not intended to circulate, so why not invest in the relief and "finish" the design. (It was not my intention to make a pub. The Finnish coins with low relief feature fantastic designs that make use of the low relief. This design, on the other hand, suggests relief where there is none and it suffers in my opinion.) I guess they had to save the extra medal to strike up the queen's portrait on the obverse.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived