CoinPeople.com

Bald Eagle Commemorative Coins

slowly but surely

Hey,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that the Bald Eagle Commems are on sale now at the mint. Their online ordering is down for a couple days so you'll have to call. If you're thinking about getting these you should do it sooner rather than later, they are offered at a discount until Feb. 14.

Hey,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that the Bald Eagle Commems are on sale now at the mint. Their online ordering is down for a couple days so you'll have to call. If you're thinking about getting these you should do it sooner rather than later, they are offered at a discount until Feb. 14.

Thanks for the information. I'm still wondering if I should get one. They're expensive, but that's also a low mint. What are your opinions?

Anyone have any pics to post? I've got too much work to search the mint website... but still come here :x

I'm useless when it comes to posting pics on here, but here's a direct link to the mint's images of the coins:

http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?...o#2008BaldEagle

The 500,000 mintage for the silver dollars is the same it's been for the last few years... not a crazy rarity or anything, but not too bad. 750,000 for the clad half is a bit many for my taste, but I'm a sucker for the commems so I think I'll get it too.

I'm useless when it comes to posting pics on here, but here's a direct link to the mint's images of the coins:

http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?...o#2008BaldEagle

The 500,000 mintage for the silver dollars is the same it's been for the last few years... not a crazy rarity or anything, but not too bad. 750,000 for the clad half is a bit many for my taste, but I'm a sucker for the commems so I think I'll get it too.

My mistake, I thought they all were 100k like the gold piece, I feel naieve :ninja:

The US Mint has suspended online ordering as of today for all products. They are switching to a new system/vendor and can't handle the traffic. Only mail order or telephone order are available until sometime in the future.

I wonder why they waited until today to do this switch. Their customer service center must be thrilled by the number of calls they're getting pounded with today.

Their phones are very busy because of the online ordering being down. It took me 3 hour of constant calling to get through to them this afternoon. I would recommend that if you are going to call, that you call early in the morning or later in the evening.

Oh great. At the US Mint's website, they even have the three coins on the front page now, with "Pre-Issue Pricing Now In Effect!" and a "Now On Sale" link. Except that the link takes you to a page where they merely say you cannot order online. :ninja: If they only accept orders via phone or postal mail (not that great for US orders, and even more cumbersome for non-US customers ...), they should at least temporarily remove that ad from the Latest News window.

I have bought from them before, and usually it's pretty smooth and easy. And I am sure they had good reasons for switching service providers just in time for this pre-sale ... sigh.

Christian

ugh. i totally don't want to talk to any order takers. nothing good ever comes from it.

I agree. A for the switch, they probably got a different credit card processor and they are saving bundles of money by doing it this way. I work for a credit card processor, and even a slightly smaller discount rate(the percentage a merchant is charged on a transaction for accepting a credit card.) helps huge in large volume sales like this. I did some math really quickly assuming they were paying 1.5% and switching to 1.3% they would save tens of thousands for each style of coin assuming they sell all of them.

Archived