CoinPeople.com

Give me a number

numismatic nut

Many dealers are from the old days when there was only G, F, Unc and Proof. Slowly others were added such as VG, VF, AU. Such grades as your AVG and the numerous similar others are a hold over from the good old days. If you wanted to you could tag AVG with anything if you could figure out the meaning of the V. AG is used already for AG-3. VG is -8 and G is -4. So if the V is VERY then AVG would be Almost Very Good so it could be -6. This gets rather silly though with such low grade coins.

We could end up with NAG-1 for Not Almost Good also, BNAG-2 for Better than Not Almost Good and many others.

You could start your own grading system based on 100 instead of 70, use it on the internet consistently, print it our and sell on ebay. Then you'ld be famous and rich. Send me some of that for the suggestion, please.

There are only two grades! C & NC --Collectable and not collectable ;)

I like your style Richard, but nearly all coins are collectable! :ninja:

I like your style Richard, but nearly all coins are collectable! ;)

Yeah, I'll agree with that one. :ninja:

There are only two grades! C & NC --Collectable and not collectable :ninja:

Almost true. However, we still need AC=Almost Collectable, VC=Very Collectable, EC=Extreamely Collectable. Of course this would apply to NC. ANC=Almost Not Collectable, VNC, ENC.

Now you just know someone would then come up with a numbering system so that we would end up with AC-6, VC-19, etc.

Archived