CoinPeople.com

Copper coins 1763-1767 Sestroretsk Mint

RARENUM

• 3 months later...

Very nice set, Rarenum! Im jealous of the 1767 CM... the only one im missing!

Just to clarify, CM did not refer to Suzun until the coins of Nicholas I.

The coins from Suzun, also known Kolyvan, had the mintmark KM on 5 kopecks, dengas, and polushkas of Catherine II, as well as the Siberian Series 10, 5, 2, 1, dengas and polushkas.

Your coins here, with mintmark CM, are from the Sestroretsk Mint, which was in St.Petersburg! They are not easy to find, to be sure! :ninja:

The coins from Suzun, also known Kolyvan, had the mintmark KM on 5 kopecks, dengas, and polushkas of Catherine II, as well as the Siberian Series 10, 5, 2, 1, dengas and polushkas.

Your coins here, with mintmark CM, are from the Sestroretsk Mint, which was in St.Petersburg! They are not easy to find, to be sure! :ninja:

Thank you for correcting,was my error. ;) ,organized my coins from Suzun mint at the same time.

Rarenum.

Congratulations on owning a very rare coin in outstanding condition.

RWJ

Thank you. What is your opinion on true rarity of this coin? One of the members of this forum tried to convince me that this coin is at best "scarce" and not rare by any means.

Thank you. What is your opinion on true rarity of this coin? One of the members of this forum tried to convince me that this coin is at best "scarce" and not rare by any means.

I am missing the following 5 kopeck pieces for Catherine II:

1763 and 1765, no mintmark

1767 CM

1795 MM

My personal opinion is that this is a very rare coin.

RWJ

Coin is very rare.Great find ;):ninja:

I am missing the following 5 kopeck pieces for Catherine II:

1763 and 1765, no mintmark

1767 CM

1795 MM

My personal opinion is that this is a very rare coin.

RWJ

I have 5 kopeks 1795 MM XF condition in my collection and missing 1763, 1765 no m/m,AM -full set (variety of small and large mint mark missing).TM-full (variety of eagle missing).

• 2 years later...

I have 1765 5 kopek cm that I am about to sell if your interested

Hi Chris444, can you show a picture of both sides? I'm always interested in variants to mine :) . Thank you, Sigi

-

Hey sigi sorry the phot is back to front but I took it with my phone

Hi Chris, I think you have a nice coin there :clapping: . It is not too different from mine so I won't include it in my collection. Thanks for showing. Sigi

P.S.: A scanner would provide even better pictures

Archived