CoinPeople.com

Around the world with...

Johnny 1989

... Queen Elizabeth II. Seeing as Lizzie is now our oldest serving monarch I though what better way to celebrate this occasion that to show at least one example from each countries currencey that have/had her portrait on. Please note I realise the Sandwich Islands are missing but I don't currently have a coin from there at present.

QueenElizabethII.png

If there are any other countries that I have missed, past or present please feel free to let me know

If any of this information is incorrect (see key below) please let me know

Key to symbols:

* Coins with the Queen's portrait that no longer circulate here

^ Earliest circulating portrait

# Most unique portrait

+ Special issues only

Papua - New Guinea?

And As I know exist one nice Queen's silver jubilee 1 Tala coin from Western Samoa with a small portrait.

Btw, you choose a very interesting theme for collecting! :ninja:

I can't... seee... the nudity... :D

You seem somewhat dissapointed :ninja:

Is thedeadpoint feeling ok? :D

A great collection Johnny!

Thanks very much, I'm hoping to do a similar "checklist" for George VI soon

Papua - New Guinea?

And As I know exist one nice Queen's silver jubilee 1 Tala coin from Western Samoa with a small portrait.

Btw, you choose a very interesting theme for collecting! ;)

Thanks for the comment, I'll have to keep an eye out for both Papua New Guinea & Western Samoa

The Island God that is hung. ;)

;) Well size isn't everything.... apparently :D

I think you missed the Straits Settlements, currently known as Malaysia and Singapore.

910625.jpg

There is one up there for Malaya & British Borneo, betweeen Jersey & Mauritius, I wasn't aware of one with The Straits Settlements on it for QEII, will have to look out for that one

Oh, that one ... :D

http://www.worldcoincatalog.com/C1/CookIslands/k7r.jpg

Christian

;)

Thanks for the comments, Jamaica, Bahama Islands, Rhodesia & Nyasaland, Alderney, Fiji and St Helena & Ascension have been the hardest to get hold off, especially the first four on the list

I'm hoping to scan ALL my coins in the near future but I am looking for somewhere to host the pictures. I know there's Omnicoin but I was wondering if people can recommend another site similar to Omnicoin where I could host my pictures. I don't have a problem with Omnicoin but I'd like to put them somewhere where they can be presented a bit better.

Also the other variation that I have missing is the "Commonwealth of the Bahamas" where the Queen's portrait was in place for a very brief time.

;)

Well, I'm embarrassed now. At least I professed my appreciation for female nudity in a PCI thread.

Great idea for a collection though. I do too hope you'll post a larger version of (most) of the coins.

South Georgia and Sandwich Island here (and still cheap!): http://cgi.ebay.fr/South-Georgia-Sandwich-...5QQcmdZViewItem

Ah so there is some on Ebay, I'll have a butchers in a mo ;)

That is extremely impressive, and a wonderful picture! I wouldn't mind a larger copy of it at all. Would it be possible to download it? Maybe make a wall poster out of it?

;)

Well, I'm embarrassed now. At least I professed my appreciation for female nudity in a PCI thread.

Great idea for a collection though. I do too hope you'll post a larger version of (most) of the coins.

Yes I'll PM it to yous two shortly, photobucket shrunk the size of it

Look here:

Visit This Website

This guy is sicko or something ;)

You filfthy animal :ninja:;)

I looked at the works of art and I miss my favourite La Source by Ingres made in a gold coin by Monnaie de Paris

When I went to my saved favourites I got a 404 error :ninja:

Lucky I downloaded to the harddrive

Upload failed because it is 170 K

Ok found another copy in a French Museum

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/I/ingres/source.jpg.html

I looked at the works of art and I miss my favourite La Source by Ingres made in a gold coin by Monnaie de Paris

When I went to my saved favourites I got a 404 error :ninja:

Lucky I downloaded to the harddrive

Upload failed because it is 170 K

Ok found another copy in a French Museum

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/I/ingres/source.jpg.html

A truly wonderful piece of art, I enjoyed seeing it in Paris a few years ago. Paris is my personal meccah for art, Amsterdam and Utrecht coming close.

A truly wonderful piece of art, I enjoyed seeing it in Paris a few years ago. Paris is my personal meccah for art, Amsterdam and Utrecht coming close.

I am an engineer so I went several dozens of times to France and looked at churches and castles

and of course the Mona Lisa also done in gold by Monnaie de Paris

I liked Reims Cathedral and the Normandy Castles

Versailles and Fontainebleau are too overwhelming

My favourite painter is Hieronymus Bosch though I am not too sure of his latanised name spelling

• 2 years later...

Archived