CoinPeople.com

FAKE 10 rub 1908 on EBay

Oldman

This seller will most likely sell the coin as real, despite saying he won't

The seller has no morals or honor, if he did he's pull that auction ASAP

He's just another dishonest E-bay seller which gives the coin hobby a black eye and the honest sellers a bad rep

keep reporting this scam and maybe E-bay will pull this scam auction

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lucianoalan: I am the seller of the coin

lucianoalan: Now I have to admit that this is a fake.

lucianoalan: We will not remove the coin from eBay just to see how much the people are wiling to pay.

:ninja:

So, in case the "coin" is sold, with reserve met, what you gonna do? Sell it? Or you will tell to the buyer that you were trying to sell a fake?

you forgot the

lucianoalan: This coin is not fake! Prove it!

lucianoalan: I will remove it if it is fake.

lucianoalan: We will not remove the coin from eBay just to see how much the people are wiling to pay.

you forgot the

lucianoalan: This coin is not fake! Prove it!

lucianoalan: I will remove it if it is fake.

As of December 29/07 at 4:37 am Pacific time, the unrevised auction is still up and running.

Bidding is currently at $300.02 (reserve not met) with 1 day 7 hours left to bid on this acknowledged fake.

As of December 29/07 at 4:37 am Pacific time, the unrevised auction is still up and running.

Bidding is currently at $300.02 (reserve not met) with 1 day 7 hours left to bid on this acknowledged fake.

Guys, guys...I thought that coin people specialize i details and fine print. c-c-c There is NOT A SINGLE WORD in the description that states that the coin is GENUINE work of St Petersburg or approved by the experts. But the coin EXISTS! Everything written is true. Read the text once more. There are few lines only. If there is a person that wants to pay thousands without checking with experts first, he is going to get exactly what the auction stands for. On this forum we established that this coin is not an object of St Petersburg mint and that it is not the work of that period being FANTASY piece. Maybe someone wants a fantasy piece? It is really sad to see bunch of you loosing dignity and attacking for no reason... I wanted to take the piece of but my friend wanted to keep it up to see how much it will catch. As I said before, only Julian is an expert here and KNOWS stuff and I believe him, the rest should go collect stamps. I recently found "BLACK Mauritus". Anybody interested? :ninja:)))))

You are wrong in this matter. I think You have at least a moral duty to mention all relevant facts (didn't find them from the auction description).

If you beyond reasonable doubt know this is a fantasy piece you should by far mention it. I mean why not

if you expect someone wanting a fantasy piece...Personally I know several collectors who doesn't

know much about russian coins but they still collect them (They maybe only own for example Krause's kataloque of world coins).

This kind on "marketing" is clearly

a way to get big money from an unexperienced collector. Not everyone read this website.

P.S R.W Julian is an excellent expert on russian coins. But I received valuable information also

from others at this website. He's not the only author on russian coins here...(not me)

Guys, guys...I thought that coin people specialize i details and fine print. c-c-c There is NOT A SINGLE WORD in the description that states that the coin is GENUINE work of St Petersburg or approved by the experts. But the coin EXISTS! Everything written is true. Read the text once more. There are few lines only. If there is a person that wants to pay thousands without checking with experts first, he is going to get exactly what the auction stands for. On this forum we established that this coin is not an object of St Petersburg mint and that it is not the work of that period being FANTASY piece. Maybe someone wants a fantasy piece? It is really sad to see bunch of you loosing dignity and attacking for no reason... I wanted to take the piece of but my friend wanted to keep it up to see how much it will catch. As I said before, only Julian is an expert here and KNOWS stuff and I believe him, the rest should go collect stamps. I recently found "BLACK Mauritus". Anybody interested? ;))))))

Thank you. You just confirmed everything I suspected about you right from the very beginning.

If I ever shake hands with you, I'll make damn sure I count my fingers afterward. :ninja:

Guys, guys...I thought that coin people specialize i details and fine print. c-c-c There is NOT A SINGLE WORD in the description that states that the coin is GENUINE work of St Petersburg or approved by the experts. But the coin EXISTS! Everything written is true. Read the text once more. There are few lines only. If there is a person that wants to pay thousands without checking with experts first, he is going to get exactly what the auction stands for. On this forum we established that this coin is not an object of St Petersburg mint and that it is not the work of that period being FANTASY piece. Maybe someone wants a fantasy piece? It is really sad to see bunch of you loosing dignity and attacking for no reason... I wanted to take the piece of but my friend wanted to keep it up to see how much it will catch. As I said before, only Julian is an expert here and KNOWS stuff and I believe him, the rest should go collect stamps. I recently found "BLACK Mauritus". Anybody interested? :ninja:)))))

I'll keep it simple:

bush2.gif

This is all BS. I told well before this branch was started by Oldman that the coin was fake and gave all the reasons in the world you needed. You still keep this piece of ... art on EBay ? Go ahead but your imaginary "friend" will not get a penny anyway. I'm really sorry that I have wasted so much time on you.

Alex

This is all BS. I told well before this branch was started by Oldman that the coin was fake and gave all the reasons in the world you needed. You still keep this piece of ... art on EBay ? Go ahead but your imaginary "friend" will not get a penny anyway. I'm really sorry that I have wasted so much time on you.

Alex

The friend is real and the coin is real. Just not something St Peterburg mint made. We discovered that AFTER putting up an auction since some people commented. Not a single part of the information on the web site was false - it just didn't relieve enough information that was gotten of this web site after the auction started. As you saw, eBay didn't stop the auction since everything was true. The reserve price was 10 000 USD and, as you have seen it, it didn't reach 800 Usd let alone approach the reserve price. I still receive questions on the coin but the friend decided to keep it. Personally, I believed it would reach some 1 500 USD and that still wouldn't sell it...

I didn't promise to take it down and, since my friend paid 50 Euros for putting this auction up, he had more right than you to keep the auction going to see how much HIS property is worth. Oh yes, we gonna cry for 50 Euros! :ninja:

I got all answers on all my questions but couldn't expect in a MILLION years that you are such a sad bunch! I did not jeopardize you or your business in any way and still, very FEW of you were interested about the story behind this coin!?!?! THE STORIES is what makes this hobby so wonderful and not the money value! You, obviously, lost that somewhere...

Well, I am not into coins anyway. I just did a favor to a friend, learned something more and new and I am happy... That is what this is all about.

I'm very disappointed that eBay didn't stop the auction in time. However, it was very educational to discover what kind of people knowingly sell fakes on eBay and what excuses they give to justify their actions.

Matt, is there any way to follow up with eBay to see if they found someone from ANA to look at this auction?

Yes, we would like to "hear" more stories of how counterfeit coins are produced, whether they are produced from Lebanon, China, Belarus etc. The fact that you kept trying to defend yourself is nothing more than being a crook seller. You could have revised the auction as accurately as possible but you didn't. Why didn't any of these posts go to your listing? Why? Because you are afraid that it will affect the bids?

No one is interested in listening to excuses especially when it comes to good amount of money - they want the real deal as well as a good reputation of the seller. It seems that you have not understood how much damage you have done to yourself reputation wise. Your "I don't care" altitude is just another sad excuse.

The friend is real and the coin is real. Just not something St Peterburg mint made. We discovered that AFTER putting up an auction since some people commented. Not a single part of the information on the web site was false - it just didn't relieve enough information that was gotten of this web site after the auction started. As you saw, eBay didn't stop the auction since everything was true. The reserve price was 10 000 USD and, as you have seen it, it didn't reach 800 Usd let alone approach the reserve price. I still receive questions on the coin but the friend decided to keep it. Personally, I believed it would reach some 1 500 USD and that still wouldn't sell it...

I didn't promise to take it down and, since my friend paid 50 Euros for putting this auction up, he had more right than you to keep the auction going to see how much HIS property is worth. Oh yes, we gonna cry for 50 Euros! :ninja:

I got all answers on all my questions but couldn't expect in a MILLION years that you are such a sad bunch! I did not jeopardize you or your business in any way and still, very FEW of you were interested about the story behind this coin!?!?! THE STORIES is what makes this hobby so wonderful and not the money value! You, obviously, lost that somewhere...

Well, I am not into coins anyway. I just did a favor to a friend, learned something more and new and I am happy... That is what this is all about.

I was going to make a comment about your character and the level of your honesty and integrity, but I suppose there's no need to underline the obvious. ;)

Archived