CoinPeople.com

Cheapest place to buy 2x2's?

Burks

I second the recommendation of JP's Corner. I've used them several times and have always found their prices competitive and their shipping is super FAST!

As for the flat cinch stapler...I don't have one but instead go back and crimp all of my staples flat with small pliers. IMO, a necessary step to avoid the staples scratching another coin.

Is a flat clinch staple really needed? Is an everyday normal stapler fine for this job? That is how all but two or three of my carded coins are stapled.

Not neccessarily as Joesmom pointed out, there are other techniques. However, from what I understand (someone correct me if I am wrong), the flat clinch staples are normally made of a more inert metal (or plated) that will be less likely to cause damage in the long-term from corrosion leakage, rusting, and such.

For several reasons, I avoid stapled 2x2's:

1) staples are sharp pointed metal objects, don't like'm near my coins

2) self-adhesive 2x2's look a lot better and, in case you like to, are more easy to write on than the stapled types

3) self-adhesive 2x2's are far better air-tight closed than stapled ones, so your coins stay better

4) self-adhesive 2x2's are more easy inserted and removed from the pockets in album pages

For several reasons, I avoid stapled 2x2's:

I prefer to avoid staples as well. With that said however....

I use both qualities of Hartbergers 2x2's. When I get a coin that I know is UNC or as good as I will get, I place it in the self-adhesive version.

However, I also have a huge pile of normal, unadhesive 2x2's as well. (much chaeper and I view them as a temporary storage.) In these I keep the coins that I have a good expectations that I may find a better version: circulating euros, poor condition world coins, etc. So whenever I get something better, it is easy to switch. And as they are kept in 2x2 pages, they stay closed surprisingly well.

I found that the book store "Books-a-million" in the Southern and Western US, has plenty of supplies and ata good price. if you have a savings card you get 10% off.

Sometimes Barnes and Noble has them as well.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Oklahoma, a Native word for trailer park

I'll probably go with the stapled ones until I get some coins really worth putting in self-adhesive versions. These are just "nice" coins with little value to them other than to me. They will all eventually be upgraded.

Is a flat clinch staple really needed? Is an everyday normal stapler fine for this job? That is how all but two or three of my carded coins are stapled.

For me, the flat clinch is an improvement because I use a lot of 2x2s selling coins at the flea market to support my own coin habit. The MAX staplers (I have both the mini and the standard) staple almost effortlessly and the staple is much lower profile than a regular one, but still requires flattening if you're going to be taking the holder out of the pocket pages a lot or mixing sizes of coins in a storage box.

I had always used a standard stapler until the MAX came along and I was amazed at how easily the MAX penetrates the cardboard. I've used up thousands of staples in the mini stapler and have never had one fail to pierce the cardboard, while standard staplers would often leave a bent staple on top of the 2x2.

http://www.brent-krueger.com/cbholder.html

Not sure if they are the cheapest, but they are very good to buy from, no problems. :ninja:

;) I recomend Brent-Krueger.com.... So much other stuff than flips... but to comment on the flips, never had a problem with them.

-Bobby