CoinPeople.com

boy im glad pci has started

LostDutchman

I've been at CP for 1 and a half years and this is the first full PCI I've been a part of. Cant wait. I hope there are some rockin entries since we've had over a year and a half to find some.

Thanks guys - it's actually not my effort that made it possible. My effort is quite small although awfully time consuimg.

People like you who have entered definately have made a major contribution as well as akdrv who has been hosting both coinpeople and omnicoin ;) Thank you all.

And yes, sorry for being awfully slow ;) But some of the entries have been a real suprise as I did my best to avoid duplicates (missed one so far) and the clashing is quite immerse :ninja: I see quite a bit of ties in the early stages.

Damn, the choices don't make it easy. Its been a long time since the last PCI, but the result is a rich pool of entries. You could have salted it with a few dogs to make the voting easy in the early rounds. As it is, virtually every set presents a difficult choice when weighting design, preservation, history, photography, and whatever other factors might influence one's vote.

Good job. Thank you!

bill, I agree I could have made it a bit easier but I guess the major difference in this year's PCI7 is that the choices are actually very very rich and even I have trouble identifying what could possibly be a winner in any of the rounds.

I still have to list another 3 groups but forgive me as it is quite intensive and I don't want to mess up anyone's entries. :ninja:

jtryka, I'm sure you will be posting a few next year and who knows, you might dominate PCI 8 ;)

All entries have been posted and I'm sure I didn't make any hiccups along the way. I was puzzled why this took so long and a quick count of the number of coins have been totalled up as...

:ninja:185 ;)

Wow!

Please kindly vote (it definately will take less time than what I took) and enjoy the stunning examples of other people's coins / medals.

Thank you all for participating! As well as big thanks to akdrv for hosting coinpeople and omnicoin ;)

As for ending the "first week", because I started this out late as well as there are too many posts at once, I think what is fair is that I end this on the 16th of December. I hope that is enough time for everyone to take a look. ;)

Sorry guys, I'm a bit loaded with the last bit of my coursework and I'm killing for time at the moment :ninja:

I'm afraid but I'll have to come back to PCI when I finally hand in my assignment on the 20th of this month - meanwhile though, for those you haven't voted, you don't have an excuse for NOT voting! Every single vote counts and from what I have seen, there are still quite a fair bit of tie breaks and you can single handedly change the vote!

Thanks guys - I'll get back to it asap when I hand in the monster coursework. ;)

Sorry guys, I'm a bit loaded with the last bit of my coursework and I'm killing for time at the moment ;)

I'm afraid but I'll have to come back to PCI when I finally hand in my assignment on the 20th of this month - meanwhile though, for those you haven't voted, you don't have an excuse for NOT voting! Every single vote counts and from what I have seen, there are still quite a fair bit of tie breaks and you can single handedly change the vote!

Thanks guys - I'll get back to it asap when I hand in the monster coursework. ;)

Coursework and being a student is no excuse :ninja: I finished mine up last week and am on break until the first week of January.

But seriously GX, you have put together a much larger PCI than has ever been attempted before and have done a nice job with organisation etc. ;)

Hello thedeadpoint - apologizes for fragmenting my posting as I am still down with a light flu as well as a nasty headache that has been refusing to go away for months. :ninja: All of them have been posted - thanks for having patience with me.

Thanks a ton, GX! I hope you feel better really soon!

Hi All, I have been here for over two years and still don't know much about this activity. I'm holed up over in the exonumia forum and they never let me out... Am I to assume that you must have images in the CP Gallery in order to qualify for submission to this? Sorry for the ignorance, as I stated, I open the exonumia, and rarely the world coin forum, and nothing else...

Here are the rules:

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=17057

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=17140

Here you can vote:

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showforum=221

Unfortunately there are no Goetz medals in Exonumia to vote...

Oh dear, if Goetzdude is to submit entries for PCI - Goetzdude will be dominating all three top positions! :ninja:

It's not too hard - all you need is to submit your entries in the right section and wait for weeks to see how your entries keep on going. As of such, all of my entries were brutally crushed by hot coins / exonumias this year ;)

It's a bit late this year but hopefully you will submit the entries next year around the same time - do PM me if I am still around hosting PCI ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived