CoinPeople.com

Original Severin silver book (1965) in Aurea auction No. 19

bobh

BTW, if anyone has access to the prices realized, I'd appreciate knowing about the winning bid for lot 3930 (50 kopeek 1906) ... ;)

(... well, I can dream, can't I?? :ninja: )

BTW, if anyone has access to the prices realized, I'd appreciate knowing about the winning bid for lot 3930 (50 kopeek 1906) ... ;)

(... well, I can dream, can't I?? :ninja: )

;) ... Outbid by lousy $20! ;) ;)

Oh, well ... it looks like my max. bid of 8,000 CZK (abt. $450) was at least in the ball park. But who knows? Maybe there was just one other determined bidder who might have gone as high as twice that amount?

;) ... Outbid by lousy $20! ;):ninja:

Oh, well ... it looks like my max. bid of 8,000 CZK (abt. $450) was at least in the ball park. But who knows? Maybe there was just one other determined bidder who might have gone as high as twice that amount?

Sorry hear that Bob. ;)

Hard to say how determined the other bidder may have been. If you were just bidding on one lot, or if you bid on several and won a few, lost a few, then it was just bad luck. If you lost many lots by $20 then you have one determined bidder. If you lost everything by seemingly crazy amounts then there were two or more determined bidders and now you've just seen your typical auction these days (Aalborg for example).

Steve

Archived