CoinPeople.com

Proof Franklins And Full Bell Lines

Twentycent

I know that!!!!!   But why?  Is it just taken for granted that all Franklin Proofs are FBL?  Or is it taken for granted that all Franklin Proofs are NOT  FBL??

Jerry

Proof franklins will all be considered to be fully struck IE FBLines,whether they are or not because not all are !! it is in the way that they are produced ,specially prepared dies, more strike pressure, and many times multiple strikes,, differing from Business strike coins in that business strike coins are produced on less( if I can use that term ) perfect dies, usually only being struck once,with less pressure it is the first few thousand or perhaps hundreds of coins on any die pair that has the best chance of being FBL strikes.

Hope this helps

Rick

I know that!!!!!  But why?  Is it just taken for granted that all Franklin Proofs are FBL?  Or is it taken for granted that all Franklin Proofs are NOT  FBL??

Jerry

No - it's not taken for granted for them to be FBL or not. The reason the designation is not used is because they are Proof coins. And such designations are just not used for Proof coins - ANY Proof coins.