CoinPeople.com

Newbie from Chicago Burbs

Hello all!

I've been on here a couple days and have completely overlooked this part of the board until now. I wanted to join so I could learn more about coins in general by posting questions to the board. I'm not really a "coin collector," at least not yet. Right now I'm just collecting the new presidential dollar coins from my bank. I've got literally a few other modern day coins laying around somewhere, but nothing worth more than face value.

Seems like a good group of people on this board so I am sure I will enjoy this site very much!

Welcome Nightwing just ask any questions you would like and we will try to help. And if you aren't careful we will turn you into a coin collector or the proper name numismatist. Hope you enjoy the website. Have fun..................Doug :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

WOW, I can't believe I am at 150 posts already! (151 posts with this one ;))

Anyway, I just want to say thanks to everyone who's taken the time to answer my newbie questions and say after the short amount of time I've been on CP I've really enjoyed it! :ninja:

Welcome! I'm also collecting the Presidential dollars, it's an easy one to start. I'm considering trying to find an easy ancient coin collection to get my feet wet.

Welcome! I'm also collecting the Presidential dollars, it's an easy one to start. I'm considering trying to find an easy ancient coin collection to get my feet wet.

Actually I was thinking of looking into ancient coins as well once I learned from posting here on CP how cheap these coins can be on E-bay. Sort of a way to expand my horizons.

Do you collect the proof sets of the Presidential dollar coins or do you get them from your local bank? The latter is what I do. Fun spending them too, especially this past holiday season. :ninja:

Archived