CoinPeople.com

Wheatie in change

Guest Stujoe

Guest Stujoe

Got a '46-D (Fine) in change today. First Wheat cent I have received in about 3 or 4 years. Nice to see there are still some out there in the wild.

Found a beat up 48 on the floor of a coin shop in OKC a few weeks ago, and he let me keep it. Last one I received in change was a few days ago in Houston at a grocery store downtown. Always fun to find! My friends find them and give them to me, usually one or two a year.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, You may now move about the cabin

Trust me, from working at the bank I can tell you there are a lot more wheaties out there than you think. I come across them often when I filling in as a teller, I just send them on there way to new owners, checking for 14-D's and such first :ninja:

Dan

When I am at home I get $20 a week in rolls from the bank. I ususally find on average 1 Wheat for every two rolls I go through Best to Date was an MS 44 that probably belonged on someones collection until one of their kids spent it....

Guest Stujoe

I average a wheatie every couple of years in change. It has been decades since I received a 90% silver coin in change. I think I got a Silver Roosie in change when I was 16 or 17.