CoinPeople.com

As a Nicholas II poltina collector...

bobh

Well, I won't be bidding on this one:

1909, 50 kopeks

Not to say that it isn't a decent coin ... but more than EUR 500 for this is just not reasonable (IMHO).

Last year (July/August of 2006) there was a similar coin, same date but in much better grade (judging by the pictures at least) which was sold by a Canadian eBay seller for $300+ (unfortunately, I was the underbidder on that one :ninja: ).

Of course, this is a tough date -- but I think I have actually seen more of these offered in the past 3-4 years than 1907 poltinas. Of the 1907 poltinas, I only saw two -- one bought by kisenish, and one bought by myself. ;)

If I hadn't bought the 1765 pyatak novodel, and if I didn't have to fly to the USA to visit my Mom... (and if I didn't have to pay some taxes this winter)... well, maybe it's better this way, I don't become tempted to spend more money than I should! ;) What do you think?

Not to say that it isn't a decent coin ... but more than EUR 500 for this is just not reasonable (IMHO).

Last year (July/August of 2006) there was a similar coin, same date but in much better grade (judging by the pictures at least) which was sold by a Canadian eBay seller for $300+ (unfortunately, I was the underbidder on that one :ninja: ).

feelpain.jpg

Archived