CoinPeople.com

1957 d bu Lincoln

corkykile

This is a good one.

Three die cracks on the hair and forehead, one in the top part of the 5, and a partially filled 9.

The lettering and mint mark seem extra heavy and I suspect a double die on the mint mark if not also on the date.

This happens to be one of several in various states of 'cracking' that came from the same roll.

Sorry, couldn't get it to load for a larger version. Sure do need to learn how to do that.

Corky

nice find!! ive found aybe 10 diecrask fro 1982-2007 and alot ore fro pre 82. but for some reasone ive never found one on the 60s or 70s. hehe just found my second star note in my pocket!!

Thanks buddy Dustin. Glad you are finding more fun stuff. Maybe Santa will bring you some goodies for Christmas.

(Don't ever stop believing in Santa.)

Maybe finding the 60 and 70's is more difficult because you probably are searching mostly circulated cents.

I have so many bu rolls of different years that make it easier to find the cracks and such.

It is possible some of your cents had die cracks but the circulating wore them down so you cannot see them.

Congrats on the Star note... gee, I havent been looking for them because I know very little about the difference.

So, I looked in my wallet and found a series 2003, L 00868588 * (<- star?).

Is that the difference? If it is then I better be more aware...

Haven't gotten it photographed to my satisfaction yet, but yesterday I showed two 1961 d bu that I had thought I had verified according to the internet... to Mr. Miller... and he verified that they are indeed a D over a horizontal D mm. So the two have

been 'certified' as Wexler WRPM-002, or 1961-D-1MM-002, or Coneca RPM-002, D/D/D west tilted with split lower serif. I guess this is how it goes.

The other two from the same roll are 1961 D-1MM-001, or Coneca RPM-001, Wexler WRPM-001.

So far my photographs haven't been able to show the intricacies of the error. I will keep trying.

Oh, Mr. Miller wanted to buy one of the D over horizontal D... didn't want to sell mine yet.

Corky

Thanks buddy Dustin. Glad you are finding more fun stuff. Maybe Santa will bring you some goodies for Christmas.

(Don't ever stop believing in Santa.)

Maybe finding the 60 and 70's is more difficult because you probably are searching mostly circulated cents.

I have so many bu rolls of different years that make it easier to find the cracks and such.

It is possible some of your cents had die cracks but the circulating wore them down so you cannot see them.

Congrats on the Star note... gee, I havent been looking for them because I know very little about the difference.

So, I looked in my wallet and found a series 2003, L 00868588 * (<- star?).

Is that the difference? If it is then I better be more aware...

Haven't gotten it photographed to my satisfaction yet, but yesterday I showed two 1961 d bu that I had thought I had verified according to the internet... to Mr. Miller... and he verified that they are indeed a D over a horizontal D mm. So the two have

been 'certified' as Wexler WRPM-002, or 1961-D-1MM-002, or Coneca RPM-002, D/D/D west tilted with split lower serif. I guess this is how it goes.

The other two from the same roll are 1961 D-1MM-001, or Coneca RPM-001, Wexler WRPM-001.

So far my photographs haven't been able to show the intricacies of the error. I will keep trying.

Oh, Mr. Miller wanted to buy one of the D over horizontal D... didn't want to sell mine yet.

Corky

yup thats a star note!! congrats on the find! those pennies are one the way with something else hehe. for sure i know the mink ark is clearly doubled but we shall see!!

Archived