CoinPeople.com

Hello Everyone!

This will be my first visit to this forum, I heard about this forum from other collectors on other forums.

My Current interest is in the area of Victoria Medals 1837-1901, though I have several collection that have been gathered over the years. I love beauty on round medal objects and have been trying to find that beauty. I am more of a theme collector than a series collector so it's a bit hard to fit into a category on a forum.

I retired from the US Navy in 1982 and started a Auto restoration shop for antique MG's. One of my clients wanted to pay me in US Gold coins. I had to learn a lot and was bitten by the gold coin bug, ended up folding the shop and going on the coin circuit with this client to sell coins. I bought much more than I sold and learned a bunch of stuff. I hope to help out with references, pictures and what little knowledge that I REALLY know.

I am sure it will be a pleasure to be here amongst other collector addicts.

I love MG's too, would love to have one. Gram had one, but sadly sold it before I could get my clutches on it.

I was very active in the clubs during the late 1970s thru late 80's. Spent many an hour in one of those under horsepowered little machines driving to gatherings. Most of mine were pre 55, but my favorite was a 62 MGA.

My Grandmother's first car was a 1974 MGB, it was grey coloured. When she sold it in 1979 she had managed to wrack up an astounding 4,000 miles on it. I remember the people that bought it gave her 75 $100 bills for it. For a long time that was the most money I had ever held. I would gladly give many times that for that car now, it was a beaut. I also like Jags and Minis, but not as much as the Morris.

My Grandmother's first car was a 1974 MGB, it was grey coloured. When she sold it in 1979 she had managed to wrack up an astounding 4,000 miles on it. I remember the people that bought it gave her 75 $100 bills for it. For a long time that was the most money I had ever held. I would gladly give many times that for that car now, it was a beaut. I also like Jags and Minis, but not as much as the Morris.

I had a 1967 Morris Minor. Looked like a shrunken 40's era car. Loads of fun to drive and lots of gawkers. There is a gent locally that has a 1980 Special Edition stripped for rebuild and loads of new part for $5000. A steal but I have no garage or will left to tackle another one. :ninja:

Archived