CoinPeople.com

omg horrible chemical spill... :(

gxseries

Calcium chloride is useful for large cabinets and other enclosed spaces. It's usually loaded into a fine mesh bag and suspended over a plastic bucket. The water it attracts from the air works its way to the bottom of the bag and drips into the bucket.

The water always carries some of the chemical with it into the bucket, really just a trace, but enough to cause corrosion. It's a method best confined to closets for clothing, IMO. Silica gel is my choice for keeping moisture out of my storage boxes and bins.

Calcium chloride is useful for large cabinets and other enclosed spaces.  It's usually loaded into a fine mesh bag and suspended over a plastic bucket.  The water it attracts from the air works its way to the bottom of the bag and drips into the bucket.

The water always carries some of the chemical with it into the bucket, really just a trace, but enough to cause corrosion.  It's a method best confined to closets for clothing, IMO.  Silica gel is my choice for keeping moisture out of my storage boxes and bins.

Amazing I never heard of the calcium chloride trick and I live in a country were it seems to rains 5 days out of seven

In fact I got an hygro meter and most of the time I live between 70 and 90 % moisture because on top of all I live on the riverbank of an above ground canal that seeps water all the time into the underground

Amazing I never heard of the calcium chloride trick and I live in a country were it seems to rains 5 days out of seven

In fact I got an hygro meter and most of the time I live between 70 and 90 % moisture because on top of all I live on the riverbank of an above ground canal that seeps water all the time into the underground

This sounds familiar.

No wonder why the house turns into a humidity box around this time of year.

It's pretty humid here(central Virginia), too. The water table is so high that bored wells are productive as shallow as 20-30 feet. I've developed an allergy to mold spores which seem to be airborne here year-round.

Calcium chloride is useful for large cabinets and other enclosed spaces.  It's usually loaded into a fine mesh bag and suspended over a plastic bucket.  The water it attracts from the air works its way to the bottom of the bag and drips into the bucket.

now that sounds familiar....

classic-bak.jpg

I have one of those at home, for in my cellar.

And indeed, the water in the bottom of this thing feels a little bit greasy.

These "moisture eaters" (vochtvreters) are quite common here. The original is from "Bison", the barand that also makes lots of different kinds of glue

It's pretty humid here(central Virginia), too. The water table is so high that bored wells are productive as shallow as 20-30 feet.  I've developed an allergy to mold spores which seem to be airborne here year-round.

I only have to go one feet deep to have water forever because the canal is 10 feet above ground and water seeps out

In the rainy season for some days water level is half an inch above ground

I was diagnosed with an atypical allergy and take Zaditen year around for my allergy they probably missed out on spores because me working for Monsanto

they tested 30 chemicals and then went on to parasites and other exotic things

Since all tests were negative I got pills ( no innoculation determined like innoculation against grasspores alleregy )