CoinPeople.com

Latest Finds in Bulk Lots

Bluesfil

1881 romania 1 Leu - Carol 1 as Prince (Domnul)

1881Romania1LeuObv.jpg

Obverse

1881Romania1LeuRev.jpg

Reverse

This 1 leu 1881 is an excellent find! I have 4 or 5 in my collection, but none in this grade! These coins were in circulation until WWI, so you can imagine how they looks...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In keeping with this theme of Old and unusual (to me) here are some more coins I have gleaned from the lots

This Iraq 1 Fil coin is a really nice coin for detail on the Obv - hope I have the year correct

Iraq 1931 1 Fil King Faisal 1

1931Iraq1FilObv.jpg

1931Iraq1FilRev.jpg

This was quite a find - German East Africa 1914J 5 Heller

1914JGermanEastAfrica5Heller.jpg

1914JGermanEastAfrica5HellerRev.jpg

This one I had never come across before - the design is very simple

Austria 1925 Half Schilling

1925AustriaHalfSchillingObv.jpg

1925AustriaHalfSchillingRev.jpg

Another British West Africa Penny - this one a 1936 Edward VIII obverse - coins were struck before he abdicated in favour of his brother George VI in late 1936. Most British commonwealth countries did not issue the Edward VIII coins even though the dies had been made and approved

A British West Africa 1 Penny 1936

1936BritWestAfricaPenny.jpg

1936BritWestAfricaPennyRev.jpg

A British 1853 Farthing Queen Victoria

1853GBFarthingObv.jpg

1853GBFarthingRev.jpg

1977 Solomon Islands 20 cent - never seen one with this reverse

1977SolomonIs20centsObv.jpg

1977SolomonIs20centsRev.jpg

Very nice coins. You've got be extremely pleased with the lots you've been getting. :ninja:

Thanks - yes I am. The main theme of the ones I have put in here is older coins or unusual designs.

There are a lot of GB Half crowns, Mexican Silver dollars and frencg 10 franc coins amongst the lots.

I was at a coin show today and asked where a lot of the lots came from and was told they had received a consignment of 400Kg of various world coins and they just divided them into multiple lots without sorting them - they were therefore genuine mixed world lots and great for someone like me. A couple of friends who bought some bulk lots from the same auctionwere also very pleased with what they got.

I will put some pictures up in a separate topic of some things I picked up at the coin fair

Archived