CoinPeople.com

Italy - 10 centesimi 1867 - double brockage

it is very rare.. but it can happen... but this is not one...

It can happen? It would mean that a first coin is struck and kicked out. A next one is struck, and sticks to one of the dies after the strike, making it a capped die. Then a blanc planchet is fed in between the dies + the first coin, that's struck normally, enters the room too, exactly centered, the right side up AND the planchet is between the capped die and the already struck coin...

A bit too much coincidence involved there. I would NEVER buy something like that. That is THE ultimate forged error. It's actually insulting how people try to sell this to experienced errorcollectors.

Just my opinion...

Jos

Yes, but to me, intentionally made errors, simply aren't errors.

It takes away all the fun, if you know it's just impossible to happen unintentionally.

Jos

I agree with you Jos. Take a two tailed coin for example. It's classed as an error but in reality there is no way it could have been made in error. It was deliberately made in the mint. I still like them though but thats because I like coins which are out of the norm.

Yes, there are some buyers out there, that are simply not so bright...

I saw this one on Coinarchives a couple of days ago

00936q00.jpg

A simple vice job too. It says alot for the buyers, but what about that auctionhouse that puts it up in the first place? (and the estimate was even 25% higher...)

I hope we will live the day that these stupidities are taken care of...

Jos

Archived